Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » SQL Plus Login issue
SQL Plus Login issue [message #141892] Wed, 12 October 2005 13:21 Go to next message
jking
I am not able to login using SQLplus, I am able to login into the enterprise manager.

I am running Oracle 10g R2.

Re: SQL Plus Login issue [message #142279 is a reply to message #141892] Fri, 14 October 2005 01:20 Go to previous message
tarundua

TNS-12154 TNS:could not resolve service name

Cause: The service name specified is not defined correctly in the TNSNAMES.ORA file.

Action: Make the following checks and correct the error:

Verify that a TNSNAMES.ORA file exists and is in the proper place and accessible. See the operating system specific manual for details on the required name and location. 
Check to see that the service name exists in one of the TNSNAMES.ORA files and add it if necessary. 
Make sure there are no syntax errors anywhere in the file. Particularly look for unmatched parentheses or stray characters. Any error in a TNSNAMES.ORA file makes it unusable. See the Oracle9i Net Services Administrator's Guide. If possible, regenerate the configuration files using the Oracle Network Manager. 

Did you try the same username /password@service_name combination as you used it in enterprise manager.
Previous Topic: Re: asp page says: ORA-12224: TNS:no listener
Next Topic: ORA-02019: connection description for remote database not found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 23:33:52 CDT 2024