Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » report id in forms9i & passing parameter to report9i (merged)
report id in forms9i & passing parameter to report9i (merged) [message #140686] Wed, 05 October 2005 04:06 Go to next message
maoro
hello
plz i need help over getting the report id of a report that i created using report builder 9i
i need the id to use it in a form that calls the report in a push button trigger and pass parameter to the report
i use the function "find_object_id" with an argument as the report name created previousely, i get NULL
i succeeded to call the report from the form using web.show)document
thx in advance
Re: report id in forms9i [message #140843 is a reply to message #140686] Wed, 05 October 2005 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
If the report has run successfully using web.show_document, why do you need to address it again?

David
Re: report id in forms9i [message #140915 is a reply to message #140686] Thu, 06 October 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maoro
dear david
i have checked web.show_document and i didnt find a way to pass parameters to the report beeing called,
i found a function named run_report_object
and i added the report in the navigator of the form developper
when i use it in a push button trigger i got an error saying ' u didnt specify the report name' ?
i used also find_report_id and got the id for the report object

any help lz
i use forms 9i reports 9i on winxp sp2
and the registery for report path include the path of my report
that i can run normally .
thx again and again
passing parameter to report9i [message #140916 is a reply to message #140686] Thu, 06 October 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maoro
hi
hope i can get help over passing parameter to a report
using web.show_document or run_report_object
i tried run_report_object but when i click the button in the form to call the report i get an error saying ' u didnt specify the report name'
even that i got the report id using find_object_id and i already registred the report in the forms using the report node in the navigator.
i can run the report using web.show_document but not passing parameters.
a little form and report file like a demo will be great
im getting so much help thx alot

Re: report id in forms9i [message #141076 is a reply to message #140915] Thu, 06 October 2005 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Okay ... look at Oracle White Paper http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/forms/pdf/277282.pdf. Search 'show_document' and on page 31 there is an example using
&p_deptno='||:dept.deptno

I am confident that this is the sort of example for which you have been looking.

David
Re: passing parameter to report9i [message #141077 is a reply to message #140916] Thu, 06 October 2005 18:46 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Can you get the TEST report to run ... please look at sticky for the image that should be displayed.

What is the name of your reprot server? Is there are other machine in your area that has the same report server name? Are both you and production using the default report90 server name? If yes, you MUST have a different server name or else they will POOL together and you will NOT know on which machine they are running.

David

PS I merged your threads - the question was not different enough.
Previous Topic: LOV - select character value, but store numeric offset
Next Topic: order by problem (merged)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 05:58:34 CDT 2024