Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » start listener automatically
start listener automatically [message #138123] Tue, 20 September 2005 04:11 Go to next message
genialsenthil
Hai
This Naveen a junior oracle dba working in consultant in chennai(india) and i want to how to make a database search very fast. and my server is in another city and my both the clients are in the another city and when they start to connect database it says that no listener and i told them to start it gets connected and (tell how to start all the listener at same time (i have three listeners connected to three different cities)automatically when the system gets system gets on)

so please kindly help me solve this problem
and also give step by step process
Re: start listener automatically [message #138125 is a reply to message #138123] Tue, 20 September 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tarundua

If you are using Windows then its quite easy :

--> Go to window services
--> There you can see one entry for every listener you created.
--> Go to the properties of those listeners and change it to start automatically.

And i think on *Unix platforms , you have to have a shell script that runs everytime server starts and contains following lines

--> lsnrctl start listener
--> lsnrctl start listener1
--> lsnrctl start listener2

I think this can help you.

regards,
tarun
Re: start listener automatically [message #138338 is a reply to message #138125] Wed, 21 September 2005 07:31 Go to previous message
sunil_v_mishra
hi

check out this link Smile

http://www.orafaq.com/faq/Operating_Systems/Unix/faq315.htm

thats it.

Regards
Always Friend Sunilkumar
Previous Topic: what's the error ?
Next Topic: windows xp firewall - oracle connectivity
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 21:39:44 CDT 2024