Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Custom PLL - How to dispaly a message when field value changed
Custom PLL - How to dispaly a message when field value changed [message #138033] Mon, 19 September 2005 08:41 Go to next message
sambireddyn
In receivables , when I opened receips form the default value for receipt date field is sysdate. When ever this default date is changed I want a popup message "----".
Can any body help me out how to do this in custom.pll

Thanks
Sambireddy
Re: Custom PLL - How to dispaly a message when field value changed [message #138839 is a reply to message #138033] Sat, 24 September 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
santhoshmp
As per the orale application architecture, custom code will be called for each events happening in the forms PUI. So in this case , you have to first check whether the current form is ur intended one and then the cursor item and the even as When-validate-item.

Its always suggested to create our own pll to write these code and call this pll from the custom.pll code.

thanks
Santhosh.
Re: Custom PLL - How to dispaly a message when field value changed [message #138897 is a reply to message #138839] Sun, 25 September 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sambireddyn
Hi Santosh,

I am new to forms , and custom.pll. Could u please explain what is PUI? The requirment is to write this code in custom.pll. Can u please give me a piece of code how to display messeage.

Thanks
SambiReddy
Re: Custom PLL - How to dispaly a message when field value changed [message #138899 is a reply to message #138897] Sun, 25 September 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
santhoshmp
PUI means Proffessional user interface ( oracle apps using forms 6i)

Lets consider the scenario that i have to show a message while saving. the message has to be displayed in PRE-INSERT.

Create a pll for the custom development say MYCODE.pll. Create a package MYCUSTOMPKG in this pll.Create a procedure EVENT in this package with event varchar2 as parameter.

procedure event(p_event in varchar2);

In an Oracle APPS form, when an event occurs the event is passed to custom.pll . Now in the custom.pll add code to call our
MYCUSTOMPKG.event('PRE-INSERT'), whichever even you want.Call this event only after checking whether the :system.current_form is the form intended.

In the MYCODE.pll add code to event procedure.
--
if :system.current_form = <myform>
if even = 'PRE-INSERT' then
FND_MESSAGE.SET_STRING(' Saving the data.... ');
FND_MESSAGE.SHOW;
end if;
end if;
--
for more details Use the link below:

http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B16981_04/current/html/docset.html

Login using otn user id and password. Download the document for
Oracle Applications Developer's Guide 115devg.pdf.

Refer chapter using the custom library.

Thanks
Santhosh.

Re: Custom PLL - How to dispaly a message when field value changed [message #144207 is a reply to message #138033] Tue, 25 October 2005 08:16 Go to previous message
sambireddyn
Hi Santosh

There is a item called m_receipt_date , when the form is opened the default value is sysdate. When ever this sysdate is changed to some different date , I want to give a message. I dont want this popup while saving. And it should be only once when m_receipt_date is changed to other than sysdate (default).

Thanks for you help.

Sambi Reddy
Previous Topic: What is the Link between Service Contracts and GL
Next Topic: Oracle Password
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 03:59:18 CDT 2024