Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » SP2-0042 or SP2-0734: unknown command beginning "[part of my query]..." - rest of line ignored.
SP2-0042 or SP2-0734: unknown command beginning "[part of my query]..." - rest of line ignored. [message #1240] Sun, 14 April 2002 13:11 Go to next message
Raj Ashar
Hello. Does there exist a limit on the number of characters in a commandline query? I receive the expected results when I run the query

select tape.m_id, count(tape.m_id), movie.title from consists_of, movie, tape where consists_of.order_number in (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) and consists_of.tape_id = tape.tape_id and tape.m_id = movie.m_id group by tape.m_id, movie.title order by count(tape.m_id);

However, I experience one of [[SP2-0042 | SP2-0734]], and always the message

unknown command beginning "[[part of my query]]..." - rest of line ignored.

when I run a slightly longer query which includes an additional condition:

select tape.m_id, count(tape.m_id), movie.title from consists_of, movie, tape where consists_of.order_number in (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) and consists_of.tape_id = tape.tape_id and tape.m_id = movie.m_id and tape.m_id != 1 group by tape.m_id, movie.title order by count(tape.m_id);

Moreover, when I run the latter query in JDBC, I obtain a ResultSet object with the correct results.

From looking around the web, I tried the commands

SET SERVEROUTPUT ON

and

execute.dbms.output.putline('my query')

but continued to receive the same errors.

Thanks.

Raj
Re: SP2-0042 or SP2-0734: unknown command beginning "[part of my query]..." - rest of line ignored. [message #1247 is a reply to message #1240] Sun, 14 April 2002 22:35 Go to previous message
Satish Shrikhande
Increase the size of buffer .

exec dbms_output.enable(10000);
Previous Topic: Temperory table
Next Topic: What is the max size limit for a database?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 01:43:54 CDT 2024