Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » rep-2147418514
rep-2147418514 [message #132962] Wed, 17 August 2005 01:26 Go to next message
snigdha
Messages: 7
Registered: August 2005
Location: Bahrain
Junior Member
I am using win 2003 server . While running one of the reports getting message REP-2147418514 : Unable to retrieve a string from the report Builder message file. The same report was working fine till yesterday . No changes have been made.
Re: rep-2147418514 [message #133118 is a reply to message #132962] Wed, 17 August 2005 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ram kumar
Messages: 113
Registered: August 2002
Senior Member
Hi
try this not sure...

1 Take a backup of the report.
2 Convert the Report (RDF or JSP or any other format) to REX using the command:
rwconverter batch=yes overwrite=yes stype=rdffile source= dtype=rexfile
3 Open the rex file in a Text editor such as Wordpad and Search for word "FONTSIZE = 0".
If an entry is present for FONTSIZE = 0, convert it to a valid entry such as FONTSIZE = 1000.
FONTSIZE = 0 implies that Font information is not stored correctly and it should be rectified.
Save the rex file after all modifications.
4) Convert the rex back to RDF (or any format in which report was originally present):
rwconverter batch=yes overwrite=yes stype=rexfile source= dtype=rdffile
Note:
In Reports 6i, the rwcon60 should be used to create rex file.
Thanks
Ram
Re: rep-2147418514 [message #437890 is a reply to message #133118] Wed, 06 January 2010 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
didiera
Messages: 134
Registered: August 2007
Location: Mauritius
Senior Member
hello guys,

I know it's an old post but actually I am facing the same thing here. I have a report done in 6i which in Report Builder works ok (WinXP box)but when I copy it to the test server (Linux), I'm getting the REP error message you described above.

I went throught the steps suggested and came up with the .rex file, edited it and actually found 11 occurences of the 'FONTSIZE = 0' thing. I corrected and tried reconverting the ammended .rex file back to .rdf but I get the log attached with REP-3300 ...this is very annoying. Note: I used the rwcon60 as suggested and even included the userid directive with a valid user/passwrd@database directive...still no good. What can be done to get the rdf working fine server-side.

many thanks,
Didier
  • Attachment: reports.log
    (Size: 0.09KB, Downloaded 251 times)
Re: rep-2147418514 [message #437899 is a reply to message #437890] Wed, 06 January 2010 07:46 Go to previous message
didiera
Messages: 134
Registered: August 2007
Location: Mauritius
Senior Member
Ok guys,

forget it...the trick is to first and foremost duplicate the source rdf in a brand new directory it seems.

thanks a lot for the tip!!!
Didier
Previous Topic: Rep-56055
Next Topic: Need Live Project
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Sep 27 07:35:13 CDT 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07160 seconds