Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Challenging Task for all gurus
icon4.gif  Challenging Task for all gurus [message #132750] Mon, 15 August 2005 23:55 Go to next message
toufiq_raja

dear all,
here a task ahead of me, if any body have any idea, let me know.

i want to read the physical address/serial number of hard disk through oracle, so that my application/database does not run on any other hard disk or machine. purpose is to restrict software piracy. that is if some one copies my application it should not run on other machine. how to read the serial number.
if any one have a query regarding the understanding of the task please contact me
Regards!

Raja Toufiq

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2005 23:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Challenging Task for all gurus [message #132752 is a reply to message #132750] Tue, 16 August 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Looks like a job for a user_exit or ora_ffi aatack.

You might need to place a question in another forum and ask which operating system program or facility can access a hard drive serial number.

David
Re: Challenging Task for all gurus [message #132843 is a reply to message #132750] Tue, 16 August 2005 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fahedakhter

If you want to restrict your software then follow one of the technique.
1) Retrieve harddisk serial number.
2) Generate temporary file in any drive and when software load check that this file is exist or not.
3) Make a key in registry and put any encrypted value in that key when software load check that value is exisit or not.
4) When you write script for creating table you not give that script to someone so that software not run if table not exists.

How above condition work.
1) First task is done by using ocx control you can write this routine in vb or c language and used in oracle developer.
2) Second task is done through d2kwutil.pll.
3) Third task is also done through d2kwutil.pll.

If you need an example inform me I will send you example of all three task.
Regard's
Fahed
Re: Challenging Task for all gurus [message #132949 is a reply to message #132843] Wed, 17 August 2005 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toufiq_raja

sir kindly mail me the examples of all the three steps.
especially if u have a programe in c, which will read the hard disk serial number, kindly mail me that also..

regards
Re: Challenging Task for all gurus [message #133051 is a reply to message #132843] Wed, 17 August 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manu_jariwala

sir kindly mail me the examples of all the three steps.
especially if u have a programe in c, which will read the hard disk serial number, kindly mail me that also..

regards
Re: Challenging Task for all gurus [message #133358 is a reply to message #132750] Thu, 18 August 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramisy2k
Hi Fahed Akhter

please also send me the examples of all the three steps u have mentioned in ur email. I also have the same problem...

regards
Asim.
Re: Challenging Task for all gurus [message #133628 is a reply to message #133358] Sat, 20 August 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Here's a link to an OCX for drive information:
http://www.vb-fun.de/cgi-bin/loadframe.pl?ID=vb/komponenten/komponente0042.shtml

MHE
Re: Challenging Task for all gurus [message #133633 is a reply to message #132750] Sat, 20 August 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramisy2k
thanx alot Maaher ,
i have dowaloaded the file but the the site is not in English language...
also can u tell me how to use ocx deature in forms 6i and by using the three .dll files in the zipped folder which i downloaded from the link u provided how can i get the serrial no of the hard disk ...

waiting for ur answer!
regards,
Asim
icon14.gif  Re: Challenging Task for all gurus [message #133657 is a reply to message #132750] Sat, 20 August 2005 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramisy2k
Hi,

Its just unbelievable!
after posting my question, I thought to try it myself and by the virtue of try try again!! motto I finally done it..
For the benefit of other Oracle/Developer users I made a sample Form (made in 6i) through which one can retrieve Four Hard disk serial number...
I hope this will help
Please download the attached RAR File and Enjoy...
Don't forget to fisrt read the Notes.txt file in the rar package
Regards,
Asim.
Re: Challenging Task for all gurus [message #133984 is a reply to message #132750] Tue, 23 August 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toufiq_raja

sir, the form is showing the serial number of the hard disk, u mentioned in the new form instance trigger.
the serial number you mentioned in the example.
its not getting the actuall serial number;
when press the button it always shows the same number,

is there any thing else to do with the form, or any oher change to make

regards
Re: Challenging Task for all gurus [message #133992 is a reply to message #132750] Tue, 23 August 2005 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramisy2k

Hi Toufiq,
Its is difficult to figure out what exactly the problem is but have u followed all the steps before running the form that i mentioned in the text file..i.e. have u followed this step

STEP 2:
Then go to 'START MENU' and click 'RUN' and then paste the follwing text without quotes there:
'Regsvr32.exe hwinfo.ocx'
Now press the enter button...
A succeed message will come!!!
---------
TRY IT AGAIN AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS..i MADE THAT FORM USING 6i ON WINDOWS XP...

i am wondering how it could show the serial no of my hard disk on ur pc..either its sld show urs or show nothing..

anyways, if the problem does not solve then leave that form and follow the following steps...

make a new form, new block, new canvas...
go to layout editor of the canvas
Now:
- Create an ActiveX Control Item (OCX) on your canvas.
- Right click it and select 'Insert Object...'.
- A list will come
- Press 'H' on keyboard
- It will come to a selection "HardwareInfo Control'
- select it and then press ok!.
- In the main Form biulder menu 'Program', choose 'Import OLE Library Interfaces'
- again Press 'H' on keyboard
- and see to find out a selection in the list: "HardwareInfo.HardWareInfo.ctrl1'
- select it and then u will see something each in Method Package(s) and the Event Package(s) lists.
- Select both the Method Package(s) and the Event Package(s). Make sure they're highlighted.
i.e "_dhardwareinfo and _dHardwareinfoEvents"

- Now press OK
- Verify the existance of 5 new programme units in your Foms Program units section in object navigator:
i.e.
HARDWAREINFOLib_CONSTANTS
HARDWAREINFO_HardWareIn_EVENTS

- Now go to layout editor again and make a new single display_item (non-db)
- make a push button..

copy the following code in ur wehn-buton-pres tigger, dont forget ot change the
'your_block.your_activex_item_name' p[ortion in the following code with correct block and OCX item name

DECLARE
VAR oleobj;
BEGIN
VAR := :ITEM('your_block.your_activex_item_name').interface;
:ur_display_item_name := HARDWAREINFO_DHardWareInfo.HardDisk1SerialNumber(VAR);
END;

now run the form and see what serial no it shows..

also how maany hard disk u have on ur pc the .dll files can show upto four hard disk serial nos

look closely this 'HardDisk1SerialNumber' of the above:
:ur_display_item_name := HARDWAREINFO_DHardWareInfo.HardDisk1SerialNumber(VAR);

u can see the '1' in the 'HardDisk1SerialNumber' is the no of system hard disk..u may try it by changing to HardDisk2SerialNumber, HardDisk3SerialNumber, HardDisk4SerialNumber

Regards,
Asim.
Re: Challenging Task for all gurus [message #134275 is a reply to message #133992] Wed, 24 August 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramisy2k
Hi,
there have been 36 downloads to my Hard disk serial no retrieval file ....i just want to how many of those have succesfully rettived their own hard disk serial no using the form i provided in RAR file???

any feedback would be welcomed??
regards,
Asim.
Re: Challenging Task for all gurus [message #134312 is a reply to message #134275] Wed, 24 August 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saadatahmad

Hi,
Toufiq is right. By downloading your form, one gets your hard disk serial number every time. I created a new OCX item and inserted the Hardware Info and got the information about my hardware.
However, When you provided the form for others, you didn't mention Maaher's contribution towards this solution.
You just mentioned:
after posting my question, I thought to try it myself and by the virtue of try try again!! motto I finally done it..

He provided you this link
"
Here's a link to an OCX for drive information:
http://www.vb-fun.de/cgi-bin/loadframe.pl?ID=vb/komponenten/komponente0042.shtml

and only after that you were able to complete the task. You should appreciate other's contribution as well.

At the end, I would say that your work is appreciable.

regards.

[Updated on: Wed, 24 August 2005 05:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Challenging Task for all gurus [message #134319 is a reply to message #134312] Wed, 24 August 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramisy2k
Hi,
thanks Saadat for your response..
If you have read the entire thread carefully then you should know that I thanked Maher for he posting the link (prior to my attachment post)..and it is only I on this thread who has thanked Maher as yet..

Secondly, I never said that I am taking all the credit becoze I didn't explicitly appreciated Maher..I just tried to setup the .dll the files to use them in form for my purpose..and I succeeded..

Credit also goes to the person or the one who made these .dll files..

Anyways, why is that my form shows my hard disk serial no. on others system too?
Is making a new ocx_item and going through all the procedure is the solution to get the serial no..

Regards,
Asim.
Re: Challenging Task for all gurus [message #219780 is a reply to message #132750] Fri, 16 February 2007 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hasnainlakhani
Please send me the d2kwutil pll and dll files. I will be very thankful to you. Send me on my hotmail address

hasnain_hiit@hotmail.com
Re: Challenging Task for all gurus [message #219817 is a reply to message #219780] Fri, 16 February 2007 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Just a question:
Do you people always run unknown OCX-s from a rar from an unknown person?
Re: Challenging Task for all gurus [message #390555 is a reply to message #219817] Sat, 07 March 2009 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rmoplusx
with this link :
http://www.araboug.org/ib/index.php?showtopic=30598&hl=hard+disk
Re: Challenging Task for all gurus [message #390571 is a reply to message #390555] Sat, 07 March 2009 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
How nice of you!

However, I have no idea what discussion on the forum whose link you have provided talks about. Because - I'm obviously too illiterate. Hopefully, someone will be able to understand what something like this

/forum/fa/5865/0/

is about. I'm not.

In the future, please, try to keep the discussion (on the OraFAQ Forum) in English so that people might understand it. Also, although there's nothing wrong about it, you have replied to a question asked almost 4 years ago. Perhaps you'd want to participate in newer discussions - there's plenty of them!
  • Attachment: hard_disk.PNG
    (Size: 2.21KB, Downloaded 1850 times)
Re: Challenging Task for all gurus [message #390594 is a reply to message #390571] Sun, 08 March 2009 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rmoplusx
Littlefoot wrote on Sat, 07 March 2009 11:10
How nice of you!

In the future, please, try to keep the discussion (on the OraFAQ Forum) in English so that people might understand it. Also, although there's nothing wrong about it, you have replied to a question asked almost 4 years ago. Perhaps you'd want to participate in newer discussions - there's plenty of them!

i am very sorry and i will remember that before any post.
Re: Challenging Task for all gurus [message #392327 is a reply to message #133657] Tue, 17 March 2009 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
athar.fitfd@hotmail.com
The form is not working

the following error occured.

/forum/fa/5910/0/
  • Attachment: error.JPG
    (Size: 30.52KB, Downloaded 1813 times)
Re: Challenging Task for all gurus [message #392774 is a reply to message #392327] Thu, 19 March 2009 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rmoplusx
chang the extension of hdd_info.txt to hdd_info.rar and extract it
  • Attachment: HDD_INFO.txt
    (Size: 16.98KB, Downloaded 1189 times)
Re: Challenging Task for all gurus [message #393299 is a reply to message #132750] Sat, 21 March 2009 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
athar.fitfd@hotmail.com
i have registered the dll

when i run the form. No message displayed.

Re: Challenging Task for all gurus [message #393320 is a reply to message #393299] Sat, 21 March 2009 08:05 Go to previous message
rmoplusx
windows xp os - forms 6I or 10G .
Is this your environement ?
if yes , try to search about error .
Previous Topic: Conditions on same column but two different values
Next Topic: Canvas scroll bars..
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 14:27:10 CDT 2024