Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » network adaptor error
icon5.gif  network adaptor error [message #130822] Tue, 02 August 2005 14:32 Go to next message
shaharbano
hi

i am really new to oracle
i have installed oracle 8i on windows xp , first time it worked gr8 but as i reboot my pc its not coming as i login with scott\tiger or system\manager it gives an error network adaptor error .....

plz also specify what are ideal names for SID net service name port, host

thanks in advance
Re: network adaptor error [message #131307 is a reply to message #130822] Fri, 05 August 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jaigouda

Hi,
U need to set the parameter ORACLE_SID before u start with the sqlplus command.ORACLE_SID name will be the name of ur SID(system identifier) which u have specified while creating the database.

Regarding ur second question the SID name can be anything.Default listener port will be 1521.Host will be ur machine name or ipaddress.

regards
jay
Re: network adaptor error [message #131485 is a reply to message #130822] Sun, 07 August 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shaharbano
hi thanks now i am getting new error that is no listener...
plz help me out
Re: network adaptor error [message #131490 is a reply to message #130822] Sun, 07 August 2005 10:17 Go to previous message
rkl1
Please go to the services applet and see if the listner is running there.You may have set the service manual for oracle listener.set it to automatic so everytime you boot the computer, listener will be strated automatically. you can go to services from the run using the command services.msc and then hit enter.You may also try from the command prompt to see what oracle services are runnin:

net start|find /i "oracle"

also from command prompt:use the command lsnrctl

which will put you to listner command prompt: lsnrctl>status

if the listener is not running, then use the command start. finally you may see the services it is taking care of, lsnrctl>services

thanks.

Previous Topic: database link
Next Topic: Microsoft ODBC for Oracle connection won't work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 04:03:15 CDT 2024