Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Running SQL Server Jobs From Oracle
icon5.gif  Running SQL Server Jobs From Oracle [message #130723] Tue, 02 August 2005 02:32
Abhinav Nigam
Hi All

Hi All

Wish all are doing good...

Ours is an Oracle database (staging of production database) which has datamarts (mat views), the mat views are automatically refreshed as soon as new data is pushed into the database (a batch process everynight). We use MS Analysis Services to build/process the cubes.

All is well till here!

I have made a DTS package in MS SQL Server to process my cube.

It runs fine. Now I have job that fires this package at specific time everyday.The job is OK, It runs and does its job.

All is well till here!!

But now, i have a problem...

On certain days my database refresh is delayed in such cases how I can defer the schedule timings?

for e.g. If i have scheduled my job at 7:00 A.M. everyday and on a certain day the database refresh occurs at 8:00 A.M. how I can defer the job execute time. I tried to disable the job but as the time passes 7:00 A.M. the next job run date is updated to the next day. I also tried shutting down the SQL Server till the database is ready, this also did not help.

Can I send a message from Oracle to MS SQL Server to run that job as and when the database is ready?

Plz suggest!

Regards
Abhinav

Previous Topic: Oracle Forms Application and LDAP
Next Topic: Unable to connect with a DSN
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 21:29:06 CDT 2024