Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Oracle Forms Application and LDAP  () 1 Vote
Oracle Forms Application and LDAP [message #130584] Mon, 01 August 2005 05:26 Go to next message
rosabcn
Hi all,
I have a Oracle Forms application running in a Oracle9i AS.
Now I want to authenticate users against a LDAP running in a Notes Server (with SSL).
I've been looking for information about how to do that and it's very confusing because some people says that it's necessary an Oracle Internet Directory which is sincronized with the other LDAP v.3 server. Others say it's not necessary.
As I'm newbie in those matters I'm having a hard time looking for the way to do that and to know what's the correct way of doing that.
Please can someone help me to understand what should I do?

Now I have instaled on my ORacle DB server (9i) de DBMS_LDAP package... but don't know what to do next.

Best regards

Rosa
Re: Oracle Forms Application and LDAP [message #130589 is a reply to message #130584] Mon, 01 August 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oraclejo
hi

First you have to decide what ldap server you would like to use. If you are using Oracle OID (Part of Oracle application Server 9i, 10g) , the utlization of LDAP (via SSO) is straight forward. However, if you want to use other LDAP compliant server, you then need to use the DBMS_LDAP routine. It would be necessary to over write the on-logon trigger to change the login processing and write LDAP functions instead. If this in not clear , please respond and will try on make up an example during my free time

Ammar Sajdi
www.e-ammar.com
Re: Oracle Forms Application and LDAP [message #130593 is a reply to message #130589] Mon, 01 August 2005 07:00 Go to previous message
rosabcn
Hi Ammar,

I have to use a corporate LDAP server which is a Domino LDAP v.3 server. And it has to be donne via SSL.
It's that I have to re-write my ON_LOGON code with the calls in the DBMS_LDAP Api?
Is there any web-page where an example of the code can be seen?
Other question is: do I need a certificate and how is the certificate used?

Thank you for the answer... It's very difficult to figure it all for someone who's only worked with old client/sever applications like me.

Best regards
Rosa

Previous Topic: LDAp configuration
Next Topic: Running SQL Server Jobs From Oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 07:20:00 CDT 2024