Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Perform custom validation before saving a record on a form
Perform custom validation before saving a record on a form [message #125930] Thu, 30 June 2005 00:44 Go to next message
rakeshapps
In Oracle Apps, I have a scenario whereby after quering the record, the user is able to change the "status" of a record (through a drop down) and save the record. I wish to perform some validations after he selects the new status of the record that he has queried and attempts to save the record. If the validation fails, the record should not get saved with the changed status.

I tried using WHEN-VALIDATE-RECORD in CUSTOM.pll, but it does not probably work. Has anyone faced / resolved such a scenario?

TIA.

Re: Perform custom validation before saving a record on a form [message #125970 is a reply to message #125930] Thu, 30 June 2005 04:50 Go to previous message
rakeshapps
Hi Reader,

The form in question is an Oracle Enterprise Asset Management (eAM) form, titled "Work Orders" - (EAMWOMDF).

Thx,
Rakesh Tripathi
Previous Topic: Help with using APPS.AP_INVOICES_PKG
Next Topic: base tables on general ledger
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 07:23:04 CDT 2024