Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Problem in creating mirror item in 9i
Problem in creating mirror item in 9i [message #125441] Sat, 25 June 2005 07:39 Go to next message
mukka_ramesh
Hi,

I am working with Forms 9i. I want to create a mirror item for an item. I am selecting the name of the original item through the 'Synchronize with item' property for the mirror item. When I am running the form, I am getting the following error message and mirror item does not take the value from the original item.

The error message is:

FRM-30456: Warning: Data Length Semantics ignored for subordinate mirror item ADDRESS_MASTER.ADDTYPE_MIR.
FRM-30457: Warning: Maximum Length ignored for character-datatype subordinate mirror item ADDRESS_MASTER.ADDTYPE_MIR.

How to solve this problem? Is there any alternative method for this, if this cannot be solved?

Thanks,
Ramesh M.
Re: Problem in creating mirror item in 9i [message #125486 is a reply to message #125441] Sun, 26 June 2005 20:54 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
The two items must have the same data type and lengths. Check your two items by clicking on the first and then, while holding down the ctrl key, click on the second. Any properties that are different will display '*'.

Easiest way to have two fields 'identical' is to ctrl-D (duplicate) one field and then rename the new one and move it on the canvas.

David
Previous Topic: Parsing XML file using Oracle Forms?
Next Topic: Trap events
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:38:52 CDT 2024