Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Implementation methodlogy and best practices
Implementation methodlogy and best practices [message #125351] Fri, 24 June 2005 11:12 Go to next message
ppant
Can anyone provide information/ white papers on ERP implementation methodology and best practices.

Thanks in advance.
icon4.gif  Re: Implementation methodlogy and best practices [message #125384 is a reply to message #125351] Fri, 24 June 2005 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
This has been discussed here previously, but I can repeat myself:

Take a look at the Applications Implementation Methodology (AIM). Richard Byrom has a white paper on it right here at OraFAQ.

The user's and implementation guides provided by Oracle should also be studied carefully.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Re: Implementation methodlogy and best practices [message #140071 is a reply to message #125384] Fri, 30 September 2005 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AnalystParth
Just one point I wanted to share in implementation methodology that is often not taken seriously enough by either the implementing team or the client:

Dont implement without extensive testing.
Be it a fresh implementation or an upgrade/addition of new modules, a test environment and everyone getting the feel of it and okaying things is very important. The test environment ensures that the client knows what he is going to see and lets you know before hand if things arent going as he though they would.
Once again, in building the test environment, the technical team outlines steps, prepares for problems, and also makes a more realistic estimate of the final rollover.

-- Parth
Urgent tasks to be completed...Please help [message #140217 is a reply to message #125351] Sun, 02 October 2005 17:48 Go to previous message
AndreaDRich
Hi can anyone please help me with the follwoing tasks in OM:

1.Workflow customization:How to send notifications to three performers and see that order of amount >5000 goes through only if all approve.

2.call a report from a form by enabling zoom.for example:to call a report to get the dff values of a salesorder.i.e if sales order is 1111 and customer is AAAA .i will enable the zoom for this orderform for any salesorder and any customer.then if zoom is selected the i need to pass the salesorder number and customer name to report with present values..i.e dinamically.
Any inputs appreciated....
thankyou,
Andrea.

[Updated on: Sun, 02 October 2005 17:49]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: letter of credit work around sulution
Next Topic: FND_CONCURRENT_DEBUG_INFO
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 12:54:22 CDT 2024