Home » Infrastructure » Other Operating Systems » Capturing oracle errors in Sql loader using direct load
Capturing oracle errors in Sql loader using direct load [message #113607] Fri, 19 January 2001 05:32 Go to next message
Loren Bradford
We have a case when a Sql loader job runs with the direct load parameter that sometimes fails when the indexes are re-created by the loader job and produces Oracle message ORA-01658. This leaves the index in direct load state but also the job finishes with a zero return code. Is there a way to capture this error and force a non-zero return code?
Re: Capturing oracle errors in Sql loader using direct load [message #113688 is a reply to message #113607] Fri, 15 June 2001 10:23 Go to previous message
Loren Bradford
: We have a case when a Sql loader job runs with the direct load parameter that sometimes fails when the indexes are re-created by the loader job and produces Oracle message ORA-01658. This leaves the index in direct load state but also the job finishes with a zero return code. Is there a way to capture this error and force a non-zero return code?

Problem solved. I created a rexx batch member that I execute that checks for 'ORA-' messages and ends with the Oracle error message. Anyone that would like the solution just email me.
Previous Topic: CGO: Could not register exit function
Next Topic: NetCool products
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Mar 18 23:25:09 CDT 2024