Home » RDBMS Server » Security » OS authentication - using sqlldr but dealing with different schemas
OS authentication - using sqlldr but dealing with different schemas [message #112673] Mon, 28 March 2005 11:58 Go to next message
malayalite
Here's my problem,

we went to get rid of username/passwords sitting around in plain text korn shell, perl and sql files so we're using OS authentication.

Our database has several schemas so when we execute an sql script that refers to schema A its just a matter of
<code>sqlplus -S / script1.sql</code>

and then modifying the code to alter session to schema A, so

script1.sql
<code>
bla bla
alter session set current_schema = schemaA;
bla bla
</code>

how do I apply this same principle to my sqlldr statements? is there anyway to alter session if I calling the sqlldr statement from a ksh file? for example if I change the following :

<code>sqlldr userid=schemaA/schemaApassword control=schemaA.ctl</code>

into

<code>sqlldr userid=/ control=schemaA.ctl</code>

how do I ensure that sqlldr logs in to schema A and not schema B or C?

thanks for the help guys!

Logan
Re: OS authentication - using sqlldr but dealing with different schemas [message #587834 is a reply to message #112673] Tue, 18 June 2013 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tylerv
I know this is old, but I saw this question all over various forums and there was no workable answer. This page was the first hit on google for a representative search. This is what actually works (same thing that works with datapump/expdp to use OS authentication):

sqlldr userid=\"/ as sysdba\"
Re: OS authentication - using sqlldr but dealing with different schemas [message #587848 is a reply to message #587834] Wed, 19 June 2013 00:18 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
No this is the wrong answer.

- Never ever use SYS (or SYSDBA) but for maintenance purpose (startup, shutdown, backup, recover)
- SYS/SYSDBA is special
- SYS/SYSDBA is Oracle proprietary (try to open a SR/TAR starting with "i did that with SYS/SYSDBA" and you'll see the immediate answer)
- SYS/SYSDBA does not act like any other user
- When you use SYS/SYSDBA Oracle deactivates some code path and activates others
- Whatever you do with SYS/SYSDBA will neither validate nor invalidate the same thing with any other user.

NEVER EVER use SYS/SYSDBA for anything that can be done by another user.
Use SYS/SYSDBA ONLY for something that can't be done by someone else.

Use Secure External Password Store for this.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Oracle Critical Patch Updates
Next Topic: ora-28374 typed master key not found in wallet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:24:18 CDT 2024