Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » How to activate SQL Server in order to extract data using OracelWarehouseBuilder
How to activate SQL Server in order to extract data using OracelWarehouseBuilder [message #109527] Fri, 25 February 2005 02:41 Go to next message
Saravanan V
Hi! Can any one provide me step by step information to configure OWB for to have synchronization with SQL Server.

I could not able to create new SQL Server Source Module using OWB. In the new database link wizard, it is prompting to provide the following;
1> DB Link Name
2> SQL *Net Connect String
--------or---------------------
2> Host Name
3> Port Number
4> Oracle Service Name
5> User Name
6> Password

What are information that I need to provide for the above promting window and also provide me steps that should I need to configure TNSNAMES.ORA file for the SQL Server database connectivity?

Please provide me the soloution ASAP so that, I 'll be really thankful to you.

Regards,
Saravanan V
(www.ibexi.com)
Re: How to activate SQL Server in order to extract data using OracelWarehouseBuilder [message #111109 is a reply to message #109527] Sun, 13 March 2005 23:51 Go to previous message
owb2005
Hi,

Check this URL, it helped me

http://www.databasejournal.com/features/oracle/article.php/10893_3442661_1

Little modifcation when you create a Database link:

Create database link some_link_name connect by "Your_Server_name\Your Login_Name" identified by Your_Password using 'Your_TNSNAMES.ORA_HANDLE';

owb2005
Previous Topic: OWB Tool Msg : Database link Type not consistent with Module Type
Next Topic: OWB - CYGWIN - X-Server Keyboard input response slow
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:26:14 CDT 2024