Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Animated GIF in Forms
Animated GIF in Forms [message #109003] Mon, 21 February 2005 02:15 Go to next message
oralover
hi all gurus!

can i use Animated GIF in forms image box or any other idea ????

thanks for help.
Re: Animated GIF in Forms [message #110157 is a reply to message #109003] Thu, 03 March 2005 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude4084
Hi There
I have done some work, few years before, on showing animated GIF on forms with a trick
The basis of the trick are as follow ( as i cant explain the exact step at the moment):
1) Any animated GIF is basically composed of more than one pictures which is shown one after the opther after some fixed interval. Si i chose the simplest form i.e. a GIF picture having two slides only.

2) With the help of a GIF animator programs, i managed to split the GID 's slides in two different/seprate image files.

3) I think then i had created two canavs on which i had pasted one picture on each canavs and taking care that the pics are on same X and Y co-ordinates

4) I created a timer and when the timer expired it was changing a property so that the exsisting layer was replaced by next one.

5) i repeted this timer activity and the layer was coming in front , one after the other thus giving me the animation effect !

I hope that this will be proven a good guide to u.

I will be happy if some one can guide the exact clicks/steps after following my hints !

Bye
Dude
Re: Animated GIF in Forms [message #110444 is a reply to message #109003] Mon, 07 March 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
youtz
Hello,

I just did it on a button in forms 10g :

1) I copied the rolloverbuttons.jar file provided by oracle in its 10g demo.

2) put it in my forms90/java folder.

3) modified formsweb.cfg, added in archive_jini=/forms90/java/rolloverbutton.jar

4) To add pictures to the jar file, open it with a ZIP tool (winzip or other), or work with jar.exe

5) You should call your gif file xxx_on.gif and xxx_off.gif (_on behing visible only when cursor on the button.

6) in forms create a button implementing oracle.forms.demos.enhancedItems.RolloverButton in it's label put : [ROLLOVER]xxx you now have a button with two animated gif one for off, one for on.

Hope this helps.
Best regards,
Youtz.

[Updated on: Mon, 07 March 2005 11:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Animated GIF in Forms [message #110490 is a reply to message #110157] Tue, 08 March 2005 01:09 Go to previous message
Frank
Dude4084's solution will cause your form to constantly be busy: all the time there will be a trigger firing, only for a (if I may say so) stupid animated gif.
Forms are meant to build a professional application for professional use. Animated gifs do NOT fit in there. They are just too distracting.
In some forums you can hardly read the posts because of all those 'funny' animated smilies.
Keep this in mind please.

just my 2 cents.

[Updated on: Tue, 08 March 2005 01:09]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: icons on buttons
Next Topic: frm-15004
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 21:43:21 CDT 2024