Home » Other » Marketplace » ed haskins -oraknowledge scam
ed haskins -oraknowledge scam [message #106516] Tue, 27 January 2004 19:26 Go to next message
poor man
Be warned. If you get an email from a certain Ed Haskins of Oraknowledge.com about specially priced Oracle CD ROM training, do not make the mistake of purchasing these CDs or attending a eBOOTCAMP. This is a scam. Phone calls and emails are ever returned. Their website (www.oraknowledge.com) provides contact numbers and email addresses but you never get to actually speak to any person. Instead you are forwarded to the voicemail of either Ed Haskins or Miranda DeStephano.  This is true no matter what time of the day you call. Strange that even the menu option to register for their courses will only give you a voicemail. The company is no longer listed with the better business bureau.
Re: ed haskins -oraknowledge scam [message #106652 is a reply to message #106516] Tue, 16 March 2004 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mary
Yes, I also was victimized by this and every phone call to ED or Miranda was ignored. The only support phone call inquiry which was returned to me was their ISP for the conference server which alledgedly "hosts" their oracle certification lectures.

At this point I am going to dispute the charge with my card issuer AND demand a refund via certified mail to lay the groundwork for a small claims court suit.

I would be interested in hearing about other consumer problems with Oraknowledge.
Re: ed haskins -oraknowledge scam [message #106728 is a reply to message #106652] Tue, 30 March 2004 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Debbie
In 2002 we signed up for the 8i boot camp which was supposed to include the 9i upgrade course for free. It has been 18 months and many, many, many emails and promises not met. Ed HASKINS and ORAKNOWLEDGE are a total fraud.
Re: ed haskins -oraknowledge scam [message #106759 is a reply to message #106728] Wed, 14 April 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christiana
I got tired of waiting for Ed Haskins promises so I sued him. I won my case. What do I do next? Does anyone know?

Thanks.
Christiana
Re: ed haskins -oraknowledge scam [message #106796 is a reply to message #106759] Tue, 27 April 2004 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bill
Could you fill in the details for those of us who were also fleeced by this scoundrel.
What court did you go to? Did you need a lawyer? What was the finding of the court? What was your out of pocket expense? Did you need to show up in NJ?
Re: ed haskins -oraknowledge scam [message #106811 is a reply to message #106516] Tue, 04 May 2004 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MS
Same thing happend to me with OraKnowledge and Ed Haskins:

I signed up (www.oraknowledge.com) for the Oracle boot camp in Nov.2003. The camp was canceled and I was promissed a refund check. Then the communication stopped. I never received any money and Ed Haskins did not return mails or calls.

In Feb. 2004 I filed a claim with the better business bureau of NJ and this week I receive a letter saying they regret they are unable to mediate an adjustment and then refer me to the Ocean County Consumer Affairs Office.

What do you recommend me to do? Does it help to file a complaint with the Ocean County Consumer Affairs Office?
Re: ed haskins -oraknowledge scam [message #106869 is a reply to message #106759] Wed, 26 May 2004 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
geek-o
I ordered a CD and didn't get it. The phone number on the website doesn't work and neither did several e-mails inquiring about it. Another number I found did work (it's the fax number) and i did get an e-mail right back from Ed. Try this and leave a message: 732-782-0201
Re: ed haskins -oraknowledge scam [message #106964 is a reply to message #106869] Mon, 19 July 2004 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris
Hi there

I to have been caught out. I authored the ebook "SQL Server 2k for the Oracle DBA" @ www.chriskempster.com, I entered into an agreement for oraknowledge to resell but low and behold, he is doing his utmost not to pay me (draging on for over 8 months to date). I am taking legal action in a few weeks.

If you have purchased my ebooks from Ed from June 2004 onwards, please email me.

Be warned! - query google for similar issues with Ed.

Cheers

Ck
Re: ed haskins -oraknowledge scam [message #107654 is a reply to message #106811] Wed, 17 November 2004 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lisa vaas
Hi,
I'm a reporter looking into this. Tell me, how much did the Oralearning boot camps cost? How much does Ed Haskin owe you? I've spoken with Ed recently. He told me he has been working and intends to pay off the money owed to people like those posting in this group.
Has he in fact been in touch? Has he made any reparations? What does he owe you?
Thanks
Lisa Vaas
eWEEK.com
Re: ed haskins -oraknowledge scam [message #107661 is a reply to message #106516] Thu, 18 November 2004 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lisa vaas
I'm a reporter covering this story. Please e-mail me if you've been scammed.
Re: ed haskins -oraknowledge scam [message #107685 is a reply to message #107654] Mon, 22 November 2004 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carol Plesa
How much does Ed Haskin owe you? --> $995 for the Oralearning boot camp & $99 for the Linux+ CD.
Has he in fact been in touch? --> No, I haven't heard a thing from him.
Has he made any reparations? --> No, just a lot of promises were made.
Carol Plesa
Re: ed haskins -oraknowledge scam [message #107828 is a reply to message #106516] Fri, 03 December 2004 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kine
Hi there.
I responded to an offer that Ed Haskins sent me in June 2004 .I then placed an order for a set of 2 cds. Almost two weeks later and after many phone calls I was finally assured by Mr Haskins that the cds were shipped but since I did not received them he will send me another set. Another week went by and still no cds. I called the chief learning officer John Wallen and left a message hoping he could help me. I gave Mr Wallen a brief description of the situation and requested a call back. None ever called me. I decided to dispute the charges. Few days after I filed the claim I finally received my cds and was never given access to the other services that Ed Haskins told me I will get with this offer.
Re: ed haskins -oraknowledge scam [message #108325 is a reply to message #107654] Tue, 04 January 2005 06:27 Go to previous message
Dana Vraspir
Yep - Ed Haskins scammed me out of $820 as well.
After alot of email advertising, which all looked legit, I finally signed up for his Oracle8i OCP eBoot camp back in March of 2003. I paid and waited for books. After many phone calls etc I did finally receive the schedule and the Books for the course. When the books arrived, the first thing I noticed was a folded receipt in one of them and on the receipt was the name of someone else who had apparently signed up and either never received the book, or returned it. (odd)
Then came the course fiasco... the course started and at least appeared to be moving. I was unimpressed with Ed's experience with Oracle - he didn't seem to have any real life experience based on how he answered student questions. Then came the excuses... it seemed like just about every night there was a new excuse for cancelling or delaying the class. (stomach flu, appendicitus, power outages, portal server down, etc...) After we finally got a "few" classes under our belt, Memorial day weekend was approaching so he cancelled since "so many would be on vacation". After that, there was one more follow up email saying we would startup again and makeup cancelled sessions, and then boom... he dropped off the face of the planet. Didn't finish the course, would not respond to emails or phone calls. Yes I want my money back.
Then, about a year later, I started getting a bunch of email advertizing from "John Wallen" of "Database Learning Solutions". Hmmmm, his emails sounded just like "Ed Haskins" talking. So I email this John Wallen asking a few questions - and poof, no reply AND he immediately removed me from his almost daily mass mailing. I have not heard a peep since.

SO IF YOU DO HEAR FROM ED HASKINS, I WANT MY MONEY BACK!
Previous Topic: Project Accounting Functional Consultants required
Next Topic: oracle apps technical faq
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:12:09 CDT 2024