Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Oracle DB9i and Developer Installation question?
Oracle DB9i and Developer Installation question? [message #11149] Tue, 09 March 2004 12:08 Go to next message
Michael
I want to know if I should install Develper 6i first before installling Oracle database9i?  Does it have to be installed in that order? This installation is on a standalone pc. Also, when installing db, does the java runtime gets installed or has to be installed manually?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Michael
Re: Oracle DB9i and Developer Installation question? [message #11167 is a reply to message #11149] Wed, 10 March 2004 03:08 Go to previous message
Barbara Boehmer
When I installed Oracle 8i, I was told to install the Developer Suite first and I did, in separate homes, and it worked. When I installed Oracle 9i, I installed the database first, then the Developer Suite, in separate homes, and it worked. As I recall, I did copy the tnsnames.ora from the database home to the developer suite home.

When you install your database server, make sure you select all of the options, including jserver. When you have finished your installation, connect sys as sysdba and start oracle_home/javavm/install/initjvm.sql, substituting whatever your oracle home path is for oracle_home. You will need to grant permissions using dbms_java.grant_permission.
Previous Topic: Is there any tuitorial for Sql plus and Oracle 9i on line?
Next Topic: Count of Update Statement
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:13:44 CDT 2024