Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Record of deleted tables
Record of deleted tables [message #10763] Mon, 16 February 2004 08:33 Go to next message
Eduardo Guevara
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me with this...

Last week someone or something deleted all the records of two tables, and the only one who has access to the SQL is myself, so I was wondering if there is a way to know who did it? Maybe Oracle has an internal log that records this, or maybe with an external aplication I can know which user did it?

I have my doubts if someone else has the rights or grants to do it, cause though the application you can't do it, because of triggers and stuff.

If so, then I will disscard the option that maybe something crashed in my system and did it without me taking notice of it. And if it wasn't a user then I'll start reviewing my triggers and SP to see if something might have caused it.

Thank you very much in advance
Re: Record of deleted tables [message #10764 is a reply to message #10763] Mon, 16 February 2004 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sverch
My first thought is

SELECT sql_text, PARSING_USER_ID, FIRST_LOAD_TIME FROM V$SQL where sql_text like '%DELETE%';

But there could be other options I am sure
Re: Record of deleted tables [message #10766 is a reply to message #10764] Mon, 16 February 2004 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eduardo Guevara
Thank you Sverch, do you know if there's a way I can know which user did the truncate to the tables?
Re: Record of deleted tables [message #10767 is a reply to message #10764] Mon, 16 February 2004 12:20 Go to previous message
Eduardo Guevara
Do you know how many time does that table stores? I mean if it stores data from one week ago? or someone has to delete it once in a while?
Previous Topic: Deleting data on tables having indexes
Next Topic: Creation of tables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:08:52 CDT 2024