Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Tune statement that uses Database LINK
Tune statement that uses Database LINK [message #10732] Thu, 12 February 2004 22:38 Go to next message
shad
Hi all.

Hi have the following statement running that t I would like to tune.

select count(rowid)
from claims.post  
where employer_ref_no in (select ref_no  
from employers@dev.world
where  sic_code = '1000'        and employ_end_date is not null)

Here is the explain plan for the statement

ID OPERATION       OBJECT_NAME      OPTIONS                     COST   POSITION
------------------------------ ---------- ----------
0 SELECT STATEMENT                                                             278311     278311
1 SORT      AGGREGATE                                                                                1
2 HASH JOIN                                                                              278311       1
3 REMOTE                                                                                     8734         1
4 TABLE ACCESS    POSt                                  FULL           52870          2

--[>] There is an index on on the employer_ref_no field on dev database. As can be seen I am accessing the employers table on dev  database from cclm database. the claims schema is in cclm database.

--[>] Is there any thing I can do to avoid full table scan on the post table as it is very big. It does not use an index that exists.

thanks

shad

Re: Tune statement that uses Database LINK [message #10733 is a reply to message #10732] Thu, 12 February 2004 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Why are you using a 'IN' instead of an equi join?
Select count(p.rowid) c
  From claims.post p
     , employers@dev.world e
 Where p.employer_ref_no = e.ref_no
   And e.sic_code = '1000'
   And e.employ_end_date Is Not Null

You could analyze the tables to make sure all indexes and stats are up to date. Then the CBO'll use the index if it's useful.

MHE
Re: Tune statement that uses Database LINK [message #10735 is a reply to message #10733] Fri, 13 February 2004 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shad
thanks.

It works very well.
Re: Tune statement that uses Database LINK [message #10736 is a reply to message #10735] Fri, 13 February 2004 03:42 Go to previous message
pravin kadam
i would like to know about oracle database and DBA. Kindly forward me the list of institute which is provided training about DBA.

I expecting your positive reply.

Thank
Previous Topic: How to divide 2 select statement, both have multible rows
Next Topic: Write SQL with SQL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:09:13 CDT 2024