Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Exp73
Exp73 [message #943] Thu, 14 March 2002 10:56 Go to next message
spat
Looking for some help regarding different versions of oracle.

Initial

We have set up a batch file for Oracle 7 that uses exp73. An example is shown.

$ORACLE_HOMEorantbinexp73 userid/password@database file=$ORACLE_store locationbackup.dmp full=Y

This runs over the network, and works perfectly.

However we are now converting to Windows 2000, which comes with Oracle 8. I tried to run the exp73 file from the server, but this with give me errors, message 206 not found.

I have read information regarding catexp and catexp7. I checked on the database server and located catexp and only found catexp6.

My problem is I do not know how to use the catexp utility to exp tables from the database within the batch file.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Re: Exp73 [message #946 is a reply to message #943] Thu, 14 March 2002 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant
You will need to install Oracle8 client with utilities and run the export using that versions export (exp or exp80). You do not need to run catexp7.sql against the Oracle8 database because that would be if you were moving Oracle8 data (using export) to your Oracle7 database. You can test this by copying the batch file to the 2000 server and change the exp73 command to exp80 or exp (not sure what it will be, look in the bin dir).

Likewise when you export the Oracle7 database using that version export just copy the dump over to the 2000 server and use Oracle8 import.
Re: Exp73 [message #960 is a reply to message #943] Fri, 15 March 2002 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spat
The 2000 machine is not a server, I have to use what comes on the machine without reinstalling anything.

Can the exp command only run on servers.

Is there any other method to basically backing up the tables, that can be automated.
Re: Exp73 [message #962 is a reply to message #960] Fri, 15 March 2002 09:14 Go to previous message
Grant
I haven't ever tried to use Oracle8 export on a Oracle7 database. Try it. Copy the batch file to the 2K machine and change exp73 to exp. If it works (try a restore also to be sure) great. If not the other option is to install 7.3 client on the 2K machine and use the same script. This may be your best bet anyway cause your DB is version 7.
Previous Topic: Please help! Oracle can't find my function
Next Topic: Trigger Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:39:54 CDT 2024