Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » ROR at Line 1. Create Database
ROR at Line 1. Create Database [message #10391] Tue, 20 January 2004 13:14 Go to next message
Rob
I am doing self based study.  I'm having trouble figuring out how to make a new database.  I'm not using multiple Homes so prior to running this I did the following:

Copied and Modified an Init.ora file I found from the default installation of Oracle. 

Database Name: dbs01

Created directory structures for database redologs and control files.  Using multiple folders to simulate multidisk configuration.  Also generated a password file (Yet to figure out how this new oracle database is going to associate to it) with the Orapwd.exe app.

Here is what I'm running.

create database dbs01
datafile 'd:oracleoradatadbs01system1.dbf' size 250m reuse,
'd:oradisk6oracleoradatauser01.dbf' size 500m reuse
logfile 'c:oradisk1oracleoradatalog1.log' size 5m reuse,
'c:oradisk2oracleoradatalog2.log' size 5m reuse,
'c:oradisk3oracleoradatalog3.log' size 5m reuse
controlfile reuse
maxlogfiles 32
maxdatafiles 30
default temporary tablespace def_temp Tempfile 'd:oradisk4oracleoradatadef_temp1.tmp' size 10m reuse
undo tablespace undo_tbs1 datafile 'd:oradisk5oracleoradataundo1.dbf' size 50m reuse
ARCHIVELOG

which errors with:

8  maxlogfiles 32
  9  maxdatafiles 30
 10  default temporary tablespace def_temp Tempfile 'd:oradisk4oracleoradatadef_temp1.tmp' size
 11  undo tablespace undo_tbs1 datafile 'd:oradisk5oracleoradataundo1.dbf' size 50m reuse
 12* ARCHIVELOG
create database dbs01
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01092: ORACLE instance terminated. Disconnection forced

any help out there?
Re: ROR at Line 1. Create Database [message #10406 is a reply to message #10391] Wed, 21 January 2004 06:01 Go to previous message
Thiru
try moving the ARCHIVELOG clause to before 'default temporary tablespace' clause (or completely leave out this clause. You can always convert the DB to ARCHIVELOG mode later. Infact its my recommendation to create the database in NOARCHIVELOG mode and then after the creation of the catalog/product options etc, convert it into ARCHIVLOG mode , to make the DB creation process faster).

If you are a starter,it might be easier to create the database using the Database configuration assistant(Start-->Programs-->Oracle OraHome92-->Configuration and Migration tools-->Database Configuration Assistant).

-Thiru
Previous Topic: Insert degree symbol?
Next Topic: PL/SQL - Formatting Table Data
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 00:09:08 CDT 2024