Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Procedure Not executing Via SQL
Procedure Not executing Via SQL [message #10176] Wed, 07 January 2004 04:47 Go to next message
Michael GIllespie
Can someone tell me if the following is syntacially correct.

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE ae_risk_calc_loan_msrs(as_dummy VARCHAR2)

AS

ln_id VARCHAR2(30);
ln_prof_nm VARCHAR2(30);
tot_pa NUMBER(10,2);
tot_msr NUMBER(10,2);

BEGIN

DECLARE CURSOR pa_msr_cur IS
SELECT l.loan_id,
l.profile_name,
l.price_adjustment - SUM(p.price_adjustment) as new_pa,
l.msr + SUM(p.price_adjustment) as new_msr
FROM rmcat_loan l,
rmcat_syntax_values_pa_tmp3 p
WHERE
l.loan_id = p.loan_id
AND l.investor_id = p.investor_id
AND p.price_adjustment_group like '%par rate%'
GROUP BY l.loan_id,
l.profile_name,
l.price_adjustment,
l.msr
;

BEGIN

FOR rm_ln IN pa_msr_cur LOOP

UPDATE rmcat_loan
SET price_adjustment = rm_ln.tot_pa,
msr = rm_ln.tot_msr
WHERE
loan_id = rm_ln.loan_id
AND profile_name= rm_ln.profile_name;

COMMIT;

END LOOP ;

END;

commit;

END;
^
Re: Procedure Not executing Via SQL [message #10178 is a reply to message #10176] Wed, 07 January 2004 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sverch
Your syntax seems correct although I did not run your code, why? Did you have a compillation error? Did you run it an got a run-time error?
However, a little suggestion:
Do not commit in a LOOP.

And another question:
Why do you want to do it a hard and long way - in PL/SQL and not easier and quicker way in SQL?
Re: Procedure Not executing Via SQL [message #10179 is a reply to message #10176] Wed, 07 January 2004 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sverch
you have extra END, I did not notice it right away - stopped looking after first END.
Re: Procedure Not executing Via SQL [message #10180 is a reply to message #10178] Wed, 07 January 2004 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mhg
Thanks for your response. I have not written alot of code for Oracle. What's the easier way. I'm all for easy. Can you give me an example.
Re: Procedure Not executing Via SQL [message #10181 is a reply to message #10180] Wed, 07 January 2004 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sverch
Where your tot_pa comes from? Your cursor does not catch it. It catches loan_id,profile_name, new_pa and
new_msr:

SELECT l.loan_id,
l.profile_name,
l.price_adjustment - SUM(p.price_adjustment) as new_pa,
l.msr + SUM(p.price_adjustment) as new_msr
Re: Procedure Not executing Via SQL [message #10182 is a reply to message #10180] Wed, 07 January 2004 06:57 Go to previous message
Michael GIllespie
sverch your a genius that was the problem. I was initial creating variables to fetch into. Then I read you can use the foor loop and run through the whole cursor. I forgot to change the select to my selected fields in the cursor. I made the change and it works correctly.
Previous Topic: not in
Next Topic: group by
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:29:16 CDT 2024