Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Oracle 7.3 Installation
Oracle 7.3 Installation [message #911] Tue, 12 March 2002 06:21 Go to next message
Bob
I'm trying to install the Client version on a Toshiba Tecra 8000 laptop running WinNT 4.0 SP6a. I get the error "missing files: CORENT23.dll; Corent.dll s:iocsprodociw32.dll initialization failed; process terminating abnormally.
The IOCS product is US DOT proprietary software running on our local server (S: drive) and all of our desktop and laptop computers are networked to it when running IOCS. The database people tell me this is a problem with NT and those folks think this is an Oracle problem. Does anyone have experience resolving this kind of problem?
(Note: Oracle 8.3 client installation went very smoothly on this same machine; it's used with another DOT program.)
Re: Oracle 7.3 Installation [message #913 is a reply to message #911] Tue, 12 March 2002 07:20 Go to previous message
Grant
I had a similar problem when I installed 7.3 after I had installed version 8. I ended up removing all Oracle versions and doing an install starting with version 7.3. This fixed the problem. I believe that version 7 overwrote files you need for 8. When I did it in order from earliest to latest making sure to put them in diffrent homes I had no more problems.
Previous Topic: Problems in calling stored procedure from trigger...
Next Topic: PL/SQL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:28:03 CDT 2024