Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Small Front-End
Small Front-End [message #9918] Sat, 13 December 2003 07:41 Go to next message
Mike
Hello,

Is there any type of software I can install on a Windows XP machine that will execute a small sql database? I'm learning how to use Oracle 9i SQL at my school and we are just learning basics right now. We use the Oracle9i server software at our school. I want to practice SQL at my home and I don't need anything sophisticated. I just want something small that will run a simple SQL script. Thanks.
Re: Small Front-End [message #9920 is a reply to message #9918] Sat, 13 December 2003 09:44 Go to previous message
Barbara Boehmer
Small? It depends on how small is small. You can download the 9i database server from Oracle's web site. There are various options as to the smaller, more limited lite version or personal edition or the larger enterprise edition with all of its features. I have the larger enterprise edition with all of its features and the complete developer suite installed on a notebook computer with Windows XP.

If you can connect to your school from your computer, then you can just install the client, otherwise you will need at least Oracle 9i lite database server, to run even the simnplest SQL script. It may take a while to download, but it is free. Alternatively, you can call Oracle and purchase a CD pack for a much faster, but more expense installation.

It is well worth it to install the server. Then you practice anything you want.
Previous Topic: How to Instal Developer(Forms, Reports)
Next Topic: trigger
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:21:07 CDT 2024