Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » + Customisation of Oracle Applications 11.5.9 +
+ Customisation of Oracle Applications 11.5.9 + [message #96344] Tue, 02 November 2004 00:05 Go to next message
Debjani Das
Hi 

I have to customise a page in Internet Expense module (Create  new  Expense Report page) of e-Businiess suite. The page link is

http://oralinux01.unilog.co.uk:8110/OA_HTML/OA.jsp?akRegionCode=OIEMAINPAGE&akRegionApplicationId=200&CurrentPage=OIEGeneralInformation&retainAM=N&startFrom=ActiveReports&dbc=oralinux01_vis1159&transactionid=5EB94FB8CAB77A88

I have  explored the fact that all pages are rendered in OA.jsp using JavaBeans.  I  have used AK developer and following the Self Service Applications Framework I was able to create new web pages.

But currently  I  am unable to  find out the exact page where I have to make changes.  and How is has to be.

Any help/Direction will  be  highly appreciated.

Regards

Debjani
Re: + Customisation of Oracle Applications 11.5.9 + [message #146798 is a reply to message #96344] Sun, 13 November 2005 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vikrant_rai

Hi Debjani,
im working on a similar module where i have to customize a Self Service Page. (JSP Form actually). The page is rendered from the database thats why it is not seen in the url. if u carefully notice the url it is calling a function.

in my case:

The function 'HR_SELF_APPRAISAL_SS' is called to generate the JSP page. log onto apps with system admin resp. in function type 'self' the following popups are shown select
HR_SELF_APPRAISAL_SS the click WEB HTML to find the following link.

OA.jsp?page=/oracle/apps/per/selfservice/appraisals/webui/ApprCreatePG&akRegionApplicationId=800&OAFunc=HR_SELF_APPRAISAL_SS

Debjani, pls tell me how did you create a page? and also if u have the ESS framework can u post me the details / brief whatever you have.
you said u have used the AK developer and following the ESS framework you could create the page.
can u mention this stepwise for me? any help will be appreciated.
ive waited for a reply for so long, seems like not much people have worked on this..
Regards,
Vikrant
Re: + Customisation of Oracle Applications 11.5.9 + [message #146827 is a reply to message #146798] Mon, 14 November 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
In 11.5.10, but also in 11.5.9 with an upgrade to Oracle Application Framework, you can create your own self-service applications. This is done by using JDeveloper with OA extensions which can be downloaded as a patch from Metalink. With it you will also get a tutorial.

Somewhere on Metalink there is also a note with the Oracle Application Framework Developer's Guide. The guide has not made it to the documentation CD yet. I do not have the number of the note with me, and it is apparently quite difficult to find.

If you are not familiar with Java, object-oriented programming patterns such as the MVC and have not used JDeveloper before, you might want to take some training. Oracle University offers a one-week course which supposedly is the same as their own developers take.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Re: + Customisation of Oracle Applications 11.5.9 + [message #146988 is a reply to message #146827] Tue, 15 November 2005 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vikrant_rai

Hi aleksander,

i am working on the Kdev OA Extn and am unable to compile the test_fwktutorial.jsp its throwing an error : (JAVA VIRTUAL MACHINE LAUNCHER : could not find the main class. program will exit)
although the page is compiling error free.

do u think i need to install a newer version of JVM?

regards,
Vikrant
Re: + Customisation of Oracle Applications 11.5.9 + [message #147014 is a reply to message #146988] Tue, 15 November 2005 04:59 Go to previous message
vikrant_rai

Hi i have solved the problem.
it requires the '\' backslash to be removed from the dbc file.

it works!!!
and you need to relogin with the newly created user, coz first time login requires changing password. and then update the new password in the project settings Smile

have fun!!
Previous Topic: Requirement Supplier window
Next Topic: hr_assignment_api
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 01:24:56 CDT 2024