Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Does anybody know a tool to show sql code graphically?
Does anybody know a tool to show sql code graphically? [message #9850] Tue, 09 December 2003 05:36 Go to next message
Sebastian
I'm looking for a tool which represents graphically a given sql code. The graphical representation should by as an ERD representation, or like the Oracle SQL Buider graphical interface.
The idea is to save a graphical representation for a sql query

Sorry for my english, my spanish is better.
Best regards, Sebastian
Re: Does anybody know a tool to show sql code graphically? [message #9852 is a reply to message #9850] Tue, 09 December 2003 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
i beleieve u are looking for 'query builder' kind of functionality, using which u can graphically build sql from block (tables). 
still i dont think it will not show in ER format.
this kind of functionality is available in any tool like sqlNavigator.

Re: Does anybody know a tool to show sql code graphically? [message #9854 is a reply to message #9850] Tue, 09 December 2003 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric
The easiest tool is to use Access, you can link with Oracle tables/views than build Query using its graphical tool.

IMHO other tools just mimic what Access has done.
Re: Does anybody know a tool to show sql code graphically? [message #9860 is a reply to message #9854] Tue, 09 December 2003 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian
Thank u a lot!
I will try using Access conected to an Oracle database.
So, I will try importing a query writen with Oracle Pl/Sql. Then, I will get a graphical representation of the query. The idea is to have a graphical documentation of the query.

Best regards,
Sebastian!
Re: Does anybody know a tool to show sql code graphically? [message #9861 is a reply to message #9852] Tue, 09 December 2003 11:26 Go to previous message
Sebastian
Sorry, perharps I didnt express correctly.
I have a query wich is working ok!. The idea is to view in a graphical way a given sql for Oracle database.
The problem is not to write the query via GUI interface, becouse the query is running ok.
The problem is to show the query in a graphical representation (like ERD, for example). Do you know a tool which do that?

Best regards,
Sebstian!
Previous Topic: SQL that fills TEMP tablespace
Next Topic: Calling table from another schema inside the procedure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:32:41 CDT 2024