Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Oracle Interaction Center
Oracle Interaction Center [message #95339] Wed, 30 July 2003 02:30 Go to next message
Vic
Hi, all,

for the last few years I have been working in the call center industry with products like Genesys, PeopleSoft and Nortel/Avaya PBXs.

Several months ago, Oracle Interaction Center caught my attention, and I tried to read up on it, but, information at oracle.com is too brief, and a bit confusing. I was wondering if someone could help me here.

I read that it can connect to PBX and control it, but then it will need CT-Connect by Intel. I also read that it works with Genesys, Aspect and Cisco... All of those products already offer inbound/outbound capabilities, so when Oracle says "outbound" does it mean "outbound features that are offered by Genesys, Cisco, Aspect, etc" or is it their own software that actually places calls, detects an answer and tracks the call progress?

In other words, is it just like PeopleSoft just has CRM part, but needs CTI to do all the work and control the calls?

I was trying to find some drawings, specs, etc showing sample contact center layouts implemented using Oracle Advanced Outbound - can someone point me in the right direction? Also, how do I check the price? How do I find the price for a 50 seat call center using Oracle Advanced Outbound component? How do I find out what else we need to buy to get the center up and running?

Thanks,
Vic
Re: Oracle Interaction Center [message #95342 is a reply to message #95339] Sun, 03 August 2003 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sreekanth
Hi,
i too had the doubt initially.
Oracle offers Advanced Inbound/Outbound with different modes.
In Passive mode,the third party products do the major role in capturing and routing the calls,and oracle adds rules and screen pops,softphones etc.

whereas in active mode Oracle does the major activities in routing and distribution.There is another mode called enhanced passive mode wherein 3rd p tools does the routing but apps closely observes and is responsible for call routing.
Ct-connect is not necessary for 11.5.8 version.

The details are available in Oracle Advanced Inbound implementation guide which can be downloaded from metalink.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Sreekanth
Re: Oracle Interaction Center [message #95708 is a reply to message #95342] Fri, 16 April 2004 01:18 Go to previous message
Frédéric NICOLEAU
Hello,

Are you sure that CT connect is not necesary with release 11.5.8?

My company have a Ericsson MD110 BC10 PABX and I would like to use Oracle Advanced Inbound (Screen pop up) but on metalink, Oracle says that we should use the Intel soft.

It 's a little bit confusing. There is not enought information about CTI.

Is someone already integrate a CTI solution with Oracle e-Business Suite?

Thanks.
Previous Topic: Customization´s Patch in Oracle Applications
Next Topic: Oracle Financial GL/AP, OFA, Oracle ADI Network latency requirement
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 16:36:44 CDT 2024