Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » database links
database links [message #876] Sun, 10 March 2002 23:03 Go to next message
sethu_raman
Hi all,

i have two databases a and b. i want to select tables from databse b and from database b i want select tables from database a. i have created database links on both the databases, but i get the error as
ora-12154:tns:counld not resolve service name

during selecting from the table which is present in database b.

can any one help me please.

thanks in advance
sethuraman.r
Re: database links [message #877 is a reply to message #876] Sun, 10 March 2002 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seng
This problem is in tnsname.ora. You need to tnsping on database a and database b server.

e.g
1. In database server a -> tnsping database b
2. In database server b -> tnsping database a

If tnsping is worked then please check setting on database link in database (dba_db_links). Hope this is helping. Thank
Re: database links [message #883 is a reply to message #876] Mon, 11 March 2002 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant
You do not need database links if they are on the same server. Grant access to the tables you want to update, insert, select, or delete. Then reference them like SQL> select * from aschema.tablename. If you do not want to preface the tablename with the schema create a synonym.
Re: database links [message #1272 is a reply to message #876] Tue, 16 April 2002 05:09 Go to previous message
GopalSethuraman
since u have both the databases on the same server b4 using the dblink
set the oracle_sid as the particular db u want it the copy to be done on.

Hope this should solve the problem
Previous Topic: ISNUMERIC - CODE FOR THOSE WHO NEED IT
Next Topic: About format for TO_NUMBER
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:42:23 CDT 2024