Home » Developer & Programmer » Precompilers, OCI & OCCI » Error in Pro*C/C++ Application
Error in Pro*C/C++ Application [message #93905] Fri, 14 March 2003 21:11 Go to next message
Pradeep
Hi,

I have developed an application,which is daemon process querying the database every 8 milliseconds.
The configuration i have opted is to connect and disconnect every query. Is this choice right

The problem I am facing is the application works continously fine for nearly 24 hours after,
which it throws an error as following

1. Oracle Error ORA-00604: Error occurred at recursive SQL level2

2. Oracle Error ORA-04031: Unable to allocate 248 bytes of shared memory

Note: Iam exitting the program printing the sql warnings.

The errors are categorized in pro*c as implementation defined.

Database : Oracle 8.1.7

Precompiler : Pro*c/C++

The solutions previously proposed was to Increase the sharepool size, but it only helped the
application to execute couple of hours more.

Please give the solution as soon as possible

Thanks,
Pradeep
Re: Error in Pro*C/C++ Application [message #93906 is a reply to message #93905] Wed, 19 March 2003 06:02 Go to previous message
Ritesh Kumar
Until and unless there is a business rule or requirement that the user should disconnect after a query, I would say, disconnecting after each query (8 milliseconds) is simply unneccessary.
It is possible that due to the repetitive login/logout, there could be some defunct sessions in the background (Check the v$session view).
Previous Topic: OCI connection issue...
Next Topic: bulk insert failure for different NLS_LANG setting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:50:40 CDT 2024