Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » 1st quarter oracle student with questions
1st quarter oracle student with questions [message #9535] Tue, 18 November 2003 10:02 Go to next message
Jason
I have a Oracle midterm that I am taking, and i have some questions that i cant answer. they are not hard, but baffle someone who is new... like me. anyway, here they are, feel free to email me some help, thanks.

1. list the names, job titles, and hire dates of all employees who were hired between 1996 and 1998 (all in one table)

2. show the name and salary of highest paid employee in the company (all info is in one table)

3. list employee names and salaries of employees who have a salary higher than Chang. (all info is in one table)

4. list the name and job id of all employees who work for Valasquez. (confuses me, i think the info is within 2 tables)

5. List the department names and the number of employees in each department. call the counted column number_of_employees. include in your list, departments who have no employees.

I realize no one can see the actual tables and exact names, but if someone can at least give me the basic format to some of the questions, that would be great. thanks.
Have fun doing your homework [message #9537 is a reply to message #9535] Tue, 18 November 2003 10:44 Go to previous message
Mickey Mouse
best way to learn is to do it yourself
Previous Topic: SQL
Next Topic: oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 18:21:52 CDT 2024