Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » QUESTION
QUESTION [message #9429] Mon, 10 November 2003 09:51 Go to next message
N S BAPNA
How is oracle better than sql when it comes to handling large volumes of data
Re: QUESTION [message #9433 is a reply to message #9429] Mon, 10 November 2003 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
William Robertson
Not sure what you mean.

Oracle is built on SQL...
Re: QUESTION [message #9437 is a reply to message #9429] Mon, 10 November 2003 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Like William stated: Quč?

SQL is a language: Structured Query Language
Oracle is, besides a company with a pile of products, a relational database management system.

But I think you mean Microsoft SQL Server, don't you? Be careful to pose vague questions like that ( stating that SQL = MS SQL Server ), certainly in an Oracle forum ;-)

To be honest: I don't know anything about SQL Server, so I'm not the right person to answer this question. I know that previous versions of SQL Server had major drawbacks compared to Oracle. If I can believe the reviews, much has improved...on both sides. SQL Server is not (yet?) the most trustworthy solution. They cannot guarantee the same uptime a well set up Oracle can. But then again, I concentrate on Oracle...

It has been a long time since I heard this question, so I went for a search myself. This is the result.

HTH,
MHE
Re: QUESTION [message #9452 is a reply to message #9437] Tue, 11 November 2003 05:33 Go to previous message
Thiru
Dont believe in that comparison report ;)

You know which is better...
Previous Topic: displaying 80% column data
Next Topic: ora 1536
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:15:27 CDT 2024