Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket
java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket [message #92055] Fri, 20 February 2004 00:17 Go to next message
Prashant Kumar
Getting this error. Can anyone help me with this. Please please please, its urgent....... extremely urgent.....

java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java(Compiled Code))
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java(Compiled Code))
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.check_error(DBError.java(Compiled Code))
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.MAREngine.unmarshalUB1(MAREngine.java(Compiled Code))
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Oall7.java(Compiled Code))
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Oall7.java(Compiled Code))
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.doOall7(TTC7Protocol.java:1983)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.parseExecuteFetch(TTC7Protocol.java:1141)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeNonQuery(OracleStatement.java:2149)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteOther(OracleStatement.java:2032)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:2894)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeUpdate(OraclePreparedStatement.java:608)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeQuery(OraclePreparedStatement.java:536)
at com.apple.ist.lae.LAEAgreementConsumer.handleNewAgreement(LAEAgreementConsumer.java:348)
at com.apple.ist.lae.LAEAgreementConsumer.consume(LAEAgreementConsumer.java:219)
at com.apple.ist.lae.LAEDequeuer.dequeue(LAEDequeuer.java:218)
at com.apple.ist.lae.LAEDequeuer.main(LAEDequeuer.java:304)
DEBUG 28 Jan 2004 10:21:51 [[main]] [[LAEAgreementConsumer.class - handleNewAgreement() - EXCEPTION WHILE HANDLING THE NEW AGREEMENT MESSAGE]]
java.lang.Exception: EXCEPTION WHILE HANDLING THE NEW AGREEMENT MESSAGE
at com.apple.ist.lae.LAEAgreementConsumer.handleNewAgreement(LAEAgreementConsumer.java:360)
at com.apple.ist.lae.LAEAgreementConsumer.consume(LAEAgreementConsumer.java:219)
at com.apple.ist.lae.LAEDequeuer.dequeue(LAEDequeuer.java:218)
at com.apple.ist.lae.LAEDequeuer.main(LAEDequeuer.java:304)
DEBUG 28 Jan 2004 10:21:51 [[main]] [[LAEAgreementConsumer.class - consume() - EXCEPTION in consume java.lang.Exception: EXCEPTION WHILE HANDLING THE NEW AGREEMENT MESSAGE]]
DEBUG 28 Jan 2004 10:21:51 [[main]] [[LAEAgreementConsumer.class - consume() - Exception in roll back java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket]]
java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: There is no process to read data written to a pipe.
Re: java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket [message #92242 is a reply to message #92055] Tue, 04 May 2004 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Virginie
your connection is simply close
Re: java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket [message #92611 is a reply to message #92242] Mon, 11 October 2004 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u268
I have allmost the same error but ResultSet is working fine. And exception occurs ONLY when I'm using CallableStatement. I'm using Oracle 8.1.5 'thin' connection.

Can anyone help me?
Re: java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket [message #92613 is a reply to message #92055] Wed, 13 October 2004 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gene
I had this same message and found that the issue was not on my page at all. I tried entering a record directly into the database and found that the Oracle table had a warning message that there was a partially deleted empty column. I clicked the box to complete the deletion of the empty column and that fixed the problem.
Re: java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket [message #92677 is a reply to message #92055] Fri, 19 November 2004 10:07 Go to previous message
Andrew
We were having the same issue running Oracle 9.2.0.4 on HP-UX. Some queries were randomly causing oracle core dumps on the server side, session was killed and Java client was getting “No more data to read from socket”. This error happens once or twice per day, usually associated with high load on the system. Interesting is that issue is followed by hundreds “Broken Pipe” exceptions. The cause for that is connection pooling which can’t figure out if connection was actually broken (Connection.isClosed() doesn’t work) and keeps reusing it for other queries.

The fix in our case was to upgrade to 9.2.0.5.

In general case, this issue is most likely caused by the server. Check for core dumps and install patch.
Previous Topic: Get Oracle Connection from Java with IDENTIFIED EXTERNALLY
Next Topic: Java Login Example
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 14:25:12 CDT 2024