Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » How to uninstall Developer6i
How to uninstall Developer6i [message #9367] Thu, 06 November 2003 03:24 Go to next message
sancha
hi,

i am not able to uninstall developer6i.

i cant find ('oracle') entry anywhere in controlpanel-> add remove programs.

do i need to goto registry directly, and manually delete these entries?

when i try to install the newer developer6i i get an error message like 'this' file already found(sorry, i couldnt name those files).
pls help!

bfn
Re: How to uninstall Developer6i [message #9369 is a reply to message #9367] Thu, 06 November 2003 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
To completely uninstall and reinstall Oracle:
1. Delete the oracle_home directory structure.
2. Delete the registry node HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ORACLE.
3. reinstall.

I believe that's the quickest way.

MHE
what about the files in orant folder? [message #9370 is a reply to message #9369] Thu, 06 November 2003 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sancha
hi

thnx maaher.

does it mean that the files in the orant folder are just overlapped by the reinstalled files?

also, another clarification, why are the uninstallation files absent along with the installation files? (any marketing technique or what?)

bfn
Re: what about the files in orant folder? [message #9372 is a reply to message #9370] Thu, 06 November 2003 06:09 Go to previous message
Maaher
Nah, you can uninstall using the Universal Installer but in my experience it doesn't work that well and certainly not as quick as the manual removal...

As to why it poses such a problem, I don't know.

MHE
Previous Topic: how to see the contents in a dmp file
Next Topic: PL/SQL table removal
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:07:36 CDT 2024