Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » how to see the contents in a dmp file
how to see the contents in a dmp file [message #9366] Thu, 06 November 2003 02:35 Go to next message
ARANGASWAMY.V.
Sir,

We are able to export many tables in a single dmp file. How to see what are the tables available in the dmp file. The problem is that relevant data is available in one of the dmp files which are taken as backup. I am using Oracle 8i running on Unixware. Using Strings command i am able to view the contents. It is highly impropable to go through the entire contents. Is there any way out. Kindly help me. If you have solution for this in Oracle 9i running on LINUX or on WINDOWS is also welcome.

advance thanks,

with regards,

Aranga
Re: how to see the contents in a dmp file [message #9371 is a reply to message #9366] Thu, 06 November 2003 05:26 Go to previous message
Arvind L
Hi,

You can use the show option available in import utility.
This will list the objects in the dump file without actually importing them

SHOW
Default: n

When SHOW=y, the contents of the export file are listed to the display and not imported. The SQL statements contained in the export are displayed in the order in which Import will execute them.

The SHOW parameter can be used only with the FULL=y, FROMUSER, TOUSER, or TABLES parameter

HTH
Arvind
Previous Topic: Deadlock while deletion/updation of a particular table
Next Topic: How to uninstall Developer6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:14:07 CDT 2024