Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Location of Logs
Location of Logs [message #9106] Mon, 20 October 2003 02:07 Go to next message
Aldous Jose A. Castro
I understand Oracle creates Logs of Errors and Activities and the like. What are the Logs called and where can I find them? Filenames and the Directories to find them?
Aldous.
Have a look at you init - Files [message #9110 is a reply to message #9106] Mon, 20 October 2003 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas G
They can be found at $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/ and are called init[[Database-Instance]].ora

The log directories are configured insite of these.
Re: Location of Logs [message #9112 is a reply to message #9106] Mon, 20 October 2003 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thiru
Its called alert.log file and is stored in the directory specified by BACKGROUND_DUMP_DEST init.ora parameter.

To get the location
SQL> show parameter background_dump_dest

Oracle also writes trace information for background processes in this directory. Trace files relating to Server processes are written to directory specified by USER_DUMP_DEST

-Thiru
Re: Location of Logs [message #9949 is a reply to message #9106] Tue, 16 December 2003 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aldous Jose A. Castro
Its called alert.log file and is stored in the directory specified by BACKGROUND_DUMP_DEST init.ora parameter.
To get the location
SQL> show parameter background_dump_dest

Oracle also writes trace information for background processes in this directory. Trace files relating to Server processes are written to directory specified by USER_DUMP_DEST

-Thiru
Re: Location of Logs [message #9950 is a reply to message #9106] Tue, 16 December 2003 19:33 Go to previous message
Aldous Jose A. Castro
They can be found at $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/ and are called init[[Database-Instance]].ora
The log directories are configured insite of these.
Previous Topic: Where can I get the SQL Loader?
Next Topic: SQL Loader
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:49:10 CDT 2024