Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Password Verification cursor
Password Verification cursor [message #9052] Wed, 15 October 2003 17:03 Go to next message
Tom Boyce
Hi all,

I am a newbie and am working on a project using forms designer. I have a login form where the user will input a username and id. These values will be compared to values in a table called 'Passwords' and if there is a match, the user will be presented the next form - if no match, an alert will ask the user to try again.

I know I will need a cursor with a for loop and a nested if/then statement to evaluate the inputs, but I'm unsure as to how to capture the values in the text fields of the form. With a cursor, I will declare two variables - one for username and one for password and also delcare the cursor - would I make my statement:

select username, password
into c_password
from password;

then under the begin section I need an if/then

if :login_scr.user_name := password.username
if :login_scr.password := password.password
then
go_block main;

else
show_alert('invalid_login');

Am I anywhere close on this? I appreciate any assistance on this in advance.

Tom
Re: Password Verification cursor [message #9057 is a reply to message #9052] Thu, 16 October 2003 00:20 Go to previous message
Maaher
Why would you do that? Oracle Forms uses Oracle users and their passwords for verification. There's no need for creation of a mechanism on top of the built in feature.

MHE
Previous Topic: grant select privelege on some rows of table.
Next Topic: Password for internal account
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 18:37:49 CDT 2024