Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Problem with creation of directory
Problem with creation of directory [message #8772] Wed, 24 September 2003 22:39 Go to next message
Deepa
Hi,
I want to load a .bmp file from my system to the oracle database where server resides in some other system.when i create directory for the file which is in my system and load the file I am getting error.

can u pls. tell us the way how to load a file which is in the client system to oracle database where server resides in some other system.

Thanks and Regards,
Deepa
Re: Problem with creation of directory [message #8777 is a reply to message #8772] Thu, 25 September 2003 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
i beleive the the 'directory' should exist in the serverside.
after creating the directory as sys make sure u give the read and write permissions on directory to the executing user.
Re: Problem with creation of directory [message #8815 is a reply to message #8777] Mon, 29 September 2003 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deepa
Hi ,
Actually I have the files present in the client side.But I want to load this file in lob column of database server.So I want to create a directory based on the path present in the client side.create directory is not allowing me to create the path of file which is in the client side.
can you explain me whether do you have any way to do this type of activity.

Thanks and Regards,
Deepa
Re: Problem with creation of directory [message #8826 is a reply to message #8815] Mon, 29 September 2003 06:46 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
NOPE.
create directory or any UTL_FILE functionality is server side only.
if you have any text files  or exported dumps you can make use of them using sqlldr or exp/imp tools from client side.

Previous Topic: can any body help me for references of sql/plsql
Next Topic: wrap error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 07:47:33 CDT 2024