Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » ORA-12203:TNS:unable to connect to destination ERROR
ORA-12203:TNS:unable to connect to destination ERROR [message #87616] Fri, 21 January 2005 22:30 Go to next message
Raghavendra
hello all,
I have oracle 9i installed on windows 2000.
Oracle works smoothly.
At login I only enter scott/tiger it gets connected...
It dos not ask for host string....
Its installed in c drive....
Recently i have installed forms 6i...
I have given the path as 'c:abc' it got installed well...
Now when I tried to connect to the database its giving error as
"ORA-12203:TNS:unable to connect to destination"....
I tried going to
programs....oracle for windows nt...oracle net easy config....
but its giving error as "an error log is being created"
Can u sort this problem please....

Thanks in advance....
Re: ORA-12203:TNS:unable to connect to destination ERROR [message #117257 is a reply to message #87616] Tue, 26 April 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunil_v_mishra
hi,

Error Code: 8(12203), 12203, ORA-12203
Error Origin: Oracle
Error Message: TNS: Unable to connect to destination

Resolution:
This is an Error generated by the Oracle Client when the Oracle Server can not be reached.

This error can be caused by several items:

The Listener on the Oracle Server is not running. Check with an Oracle Administrator
The Oracle Server is off line. Check with an Oracle Administrator
The network connection to the Oracle server is not fully up and running. Check all connection points between the Notes server and the Oracle Server
A firewall exists between the Notes Server and the Oracle Server, and is not configured to allow access to both the Oracle Server's IP address and Port
The ADDRESS Parameter in the TNSNAMES.ORA file is incorrect. Use TNSPING (or TNSPING80 on Oracle 8.0.x) to check the connection to the Oracle Server. Example of a successful connection:

D:\ORANT\BIN>tnsping80 oracle

TNS Ping Utility for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.0.5.0.0 - Production on 23-APR-99
10:24:39

(c) Copyright 1997 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Attempting to contact (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=DBSERVER)(PORT=1521))
OK (50 msec)

If this is Not successful, check your Oracle Network Products Messages Manual to resolve the errors that TNSPING points out.

well i found this from one site .... hope u can read it and can solve your problem

Re: ORA-12203:TNS:unable to connect to destination ERROR [message #117261 is a reply to message #87616] Tue, 26 April 2005 02:43 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Search your C: drive for 'tnsnames.ora'. There should be one in the '../admin/sample' directory of each of your two (or more) 'homes'. There should also be one in each of the '../admin' directories. I guess that you have one in your first (9i) admin directory, but none in your 6i admin directory.

Make the tnsnames.ora in your two admin directories initially the same. If you are using Forms 6i to talk to DB 8 or 7 then you will probably not want to put that entry into your Forms 9i tnsnames.ora file.

David

Previous Topic: How To Open Third Party Applications from form6i.
Next Topic: I want my report to open in Maximize Window.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:34:22 CDT 2024