Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Using JavaBeans
Using JavaBeans [message #86939] Mon, 22 November 2004 05:31 Go to next message
Gustavo
Hi, I´m trying to use for my first time a JavaBean with Forms,(I´m using Forms 9i [[Forms [[32 Bit]] Version 9.0.2.9.0]]

Every time I reference the implementation class for the Bean Area, the error frm-13008 Cannot find JavaBean with name 'ticker.jar.' displays.

I searched internet for a tutorial of how to implement a javabean in a form, but I did not obtain satisfactory results.

Could any help me, and I will be very thanked
Re: Using JavaBeans [message #87015 is a reply to message #86939] Mon, 29 November 2004 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hudo
Try to set
FORMS90_BUILDER_CLASSPATH
to include the full name of ticker.jar (e.g: c:myjarticker.jar )
and the environment variable
CLASSPATH
to include also c:myjarticker.jar

Here an excerpt from metalink:

Errors
FRM-13008

Symptoms
In Forms Builder, open the Layout Editor and add a 'Bean Area' item type.
Bring up the property pallette for this bean area item.
Specify the java bean class information in the Implementation Class property.
Hit return and the FRM-13008 error occurs.

The error may also be seen even when the Implementation Class is valid. For example, when opening the layout editor to display the canvas belonging to one of the Forms 6i / 9i java bean demos
Cause
1. The Implementation Class property value/ syntax is incorrect. For example this could be a spelling mistake or the wrong case has been used for certain letters in the property value string. (Note: Java is case sensitive)

AND/ OR

2. The FORMSxx_BUILDER_CLASSPATH and CLASSPATH environment variables are missing references to:
- the java bean class or jar specified in the implementation class
- f60all.jar or f90all.jar
- 'forms60java' or 'forms90java' directories
Fix
1. If using Forms 6i, compile the java source files and create the jar file using javac and jar from Sun JDK 1.3.1 or 1.2.2
These earlier versions of Sun JDK can be downloaded from
http://java.sun.com/downloads/index

AND / OR

2. Check that the Implementation Class property value/ syntax is correct. Be sure to take into account that:

a. There are no spelling mistakes

b. Java is case sensitive, so specify exactly the same case as used in the java source code.

c. If the java bean is part of a package - the full package name / string must be specified. For example, the java source code File Upload demo java bean (FileUploader.java) reads

package oracle.forms.demos.uploadclient

Therefore the Implementation Class value for this java bean would be

oracle.forms.demos.uploadclient.FileUploader

AND/ OR

3. a. Copy the Java Bean class or jar file(s) into [[Oracle Home]]forms60java

Note: If the java bean is part of a package, a directory structure corresponding to the package name must exist in the JAR file or under [[Oracle Home]]forms60java / [[Oracle Home]]forms90java
For example, if the File Upload demo java bean UploadClient.jar file is extracted, it creates a directory structure

oracle
-- forms
-- demos
-- uploadclient

The uploadclient directory contains the FileUploader.class files.
The directory structure corresponds to the package name - oracle.forms.demos.uploadclient - specified in the java source.

b. Edit the CLASSPATH (and FORMS90_BUILDER_CLASSPATH for Forms 9i/10g) environment variables and add the following references:

Oracle Forms 6i :
CLASSPATH
[[Oracle Home]]forms60java;[[Oracle Home]]forms60java[[name of java bean jar file]].jar;[[Oracle Home]]forms60javaf60all.jar

Oracle Forms 9i / 10g:
CLASSPATH and FORMS90_BUILDER_CLASSPATH
[[Oracle Home]]forms90java;[[Oracle Home]]forms60java[[name of java bean jar file]].jar;[[Oracle Home]]forms90javaf90all.jar

Note: Do not add an extra backslash after [[Oracle Home]]forms60java or [[Oracle Home]]forms90java
The [[name of java bean jar file]] does not need to be added if the java bean is not part of a package, and the class files have been directly copied, for example, into [[Oracle Home]]forms60java or [[Oracle Home]]forms90java .

Useful References:

Oracle9i Forms Developer and Forms Services Release Notes Release 2 (9.0.2)
Section 4.11 Valid Bean Name In Implementation Class Returns FRM-13008 Error
http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/A91773_01/ids902dl/relnotes/forms_developer/toc.html

Oracle9i Forms Developer and Forms Services Migrating Forms Applications from Forms6i Release 2(9.0.2)
Chapter 13 Java-Related Issues
http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/A91773_01/ids902dl/web.902/a92183_01/java.htm#1004903

<Note:1078686.6> Java Bean Does Not Show Up in Layout Editor
<Note:117092.1> Cannot open Layout Editor if there is a BeanArea
References
<NOTE:1078686.6> - Java Bean Does Not Show Up in Layout Editor
<NOTE:117092.1> - Cannot open Layout Editor if there is a BeanArea
Re: Using JavaBeans [message #87024 is a reply to message #87015] Tue, 30 November 2004 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gustavo
Excellent, it works with the Builder, but when I run the form, the browser doesn't display the JavaBean, and no error is reported. What could be happening? Very grateful.
Re: Using JavaBeans [message #87025 is a reply to message #87024] Tue, 30 November 2004 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hudo
Hello Gustavo,

this is also my problem, if you take a look at the forms 10g demos, than it is added in the formsweb.cfg file for each demo-example a section, where you write the path to your .jar/.fmx (I dont remember now). If you got a solution, please let me know.
Greetings.
Re: Using JavaBeans [message #87342 is a reply to message #87024] Mon, 20 December 2004 08:23 Go to previous message
hudo
Hello Gustavo,

I assume your working NOT with the AS, but the OC4J from the developer Suite 10g.

First you have the create a section in formsweb.cfg, for example

[[scottgraph]]
#width=1024
#height=768
width=100%
height=100%

separateFrame=true
#separateFrame=false
splashScreen=no
lookAndFeel=oracle
colorScheme=olive
archive_jini=f90all_jinit.jar,/forms90/formsdemo/jars/demo90.jar,/forms90/formsdemo/jars/FormsGraph.jar
#archive=f90all_jinit.jar,/forms90/formsdemo/jars/demo90.jar,/forms90/formsdemo/jars/FormsGraph.jar
#form=popup_pjc.fmx
#userid=scott/tiger@oradell9
; Set imagebase to codebase to use icons stored in FormsGraph.jar
imagebase=codebase

where the FormsGraph.jar appears.

Second edit in the FormsBuilder Preferences-->Runtime: Application Server URL:
http://127.0.0.1:8889/forms90/f90servlet?config=scottgraph

Replace in the string above with your IP and/or Port if it has changed.

Now you should see the javabean in the browser if you run the form. In the LayoutEditor of the Formsbuilder, nothing will be displayed in the beanArea. This is normal.

Good luck
Previous Topic: Call form associated with a menu, from another form.
Next Topic: Upgrade exam from 6i to 9i (forms)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 14:09:13 CDT 2024