Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » sql queries(urgent help needed)
sql queries(urgent help needed) [message #8553] Fri, 29 August 2003 04:07 Go to next message
Sheikh
Hi all,
I need to write a Query based on below tables and questions.
BlottoBottle is a new online retail wine merchant. Their database has been set up as follows:-
Customer(cust_id , surname, firstname, m, title, addressline1, addressline2, addressline3,
city_state, zipco, country, phone, fax, email, salary)

Grape_variety(variety_id, variety)

Inventory(wine_id, inventory_id, on_hand, cost, case_cost, date_added)

Items(cust_id, order_id, item_id, wine_id, qty, price)

Orders(cust_id, order_id, order_date, discount, delivery, note)

Region(region_id, region_name, description, map)

Wine(wine_id, wine_name, type, year, winery_id, description)

Winery(winery_id, winery_name, region_id, description, phone, fax)

Wine_variety(wine_id, variety_id)

Questions are:-

1)BlottoBottle(wineshop) wishes to know the firstname and surname of customers who have at least one order containing more than 5 items. Do not include duplicates and do not use subqueries.

2)What is the most popular (total quantity ordered) variety (as in attribute grape_variety.variety) of wine ordered by customers who have a salary of 60000 or more?

3)BlottoBottle is concerned about the reliability of a particular winery (winery_id 59) and wishes to consider alternative suppliers in future. Are there any wineries that have produced all the same types (as in attribute wine.type) of wine as winery 59, and are also in the same region as winery 59? If so, give their winery_id.

Thanx in advance.

Sheikh
Re: sql queries(urgent help needed) [message #8560 is a reply to message #8553] Sat, 30 August 2003 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh
1query answer:
select c.firstname, c.surname from customer c, orders o, items i where c.cust_id = o.custid and o.cust_id=i.cust_id and o.order_id = i.order_id
group by o.order_id,c.firstname, c.surname having count(i.item_id)>5

check this out and for other queries please send the sample data so that we can doit in a better manner
Re: sql queries(urgent help needed) [message #8572 is a reply to message #8553] Mon, 01 September 2003 02:13 Go to previous message
Rajesh Lakshkar
Dear

for your first query
SQL>
1 select a.firstname,a.surname
2 from Customer a,Orders b,Items c,Wine d
3 where a.cust_id=b.cust_id
4 and b.order_id = c.order_id
5 and c.wine_id=d.wine_id
6 group by c.item_id
7 having count(c.item_id)>5;

I am working on other queries...