Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Student table and creating view/query
Student table and creating view/query [message #8399] Sat, 16 August 2003 08:36 Go to next message
maud
I have created a student table below and would like to do the following. Is anyone willing to help me out please? I am really not getting it.

I. Create a view based on your student table that shows only the student id and registration date. Show the code.
II. Query the student table to show the registration date of the student with student_id of 1000. Show the code and its results.
III. Create an INSTEAD OF trigger defined on the view created above. This trigger will update the student with student_id of 1000, and set the registration date to August, 12, 2003. Show the code.
IV. Query the student table to show the new registration date for the student with student_id of 1000. Show the code and its results.

SQL> create table student (
student_id number(5),
first_name varchar2(20),
last_name varchar2(20),
street_address varchar2(30),
zip varchar2(10),
phone varchar2(10),
registration_date date);
Re: Student table and creating view/query [message #8400 is a reply to message #8399] Sat, 16 August 2003 16:08 Go to previous message
Barbara Boehmer
Maud or Nancy or Jenn or Nazma Bepat or jk or pr or whatever name you are using today:

It is obvious that you are simply re-phrasing homework questions without posting an attempt. You will not learn anything this way. Although we are here to help, we are not here to do your homework for you. You have been told this many times before.

In case you are wondering how we know you are the same person, even when you use different names and re-phrase the homework questions, your i.p. address is still the same.

If we simply search this forum for 63.87.6.102 we can see all of your other posts. Please start trying to do your own work. I also encourage others to make a note of this i.p. address and refrain from simply doing the homework and encourage everyone to only supply help after an attempt has been made.

Thank you,
Barbara
Previous Topic: ERROR: Sort Key Too Long
Next Topic: Exam #1Z0-001 Introduction to Oracle: SQL and PL/SQL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:33:23 CDT 2024