Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Help from OCP's
Help from OCP's [message #7637] Thu, 26 June 2003 01:36 Go to next message
sachin kumar gupta
Hi all,
This question is only from OCP's!!!!
I want to pursue OCP. I want to know whether it will be worth to join any Oracle authorised institute conducting the OCP course.
In my office I have all resources (like Oracle 8i Enterprise with SCO Unix server) to learn except any guide. I am a beginner as Oracle DBA.
So, plss. let me know whether institutes r really helpful in terms of guidance & availing discount voucher.
The course fee for OCP is too much & after that 4 papers. I also want to know if I can get discount vouchers & OCP papers from any source other than these institutes.
Is self study & own practice is sufficient for prep. of OCP ???

Pls. help & guide me.

TIA,
Sachin Kumar Gupta
Re: Help from OCP's [message #7645 is a reply to message #7637] Thu, 26 June 2003 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
I've got the OCP Dev/2000 rel.1 to rel.6i, and I never followed any course. If you download the exeam requirements, and you got the assessment tests from Self Test Software (a free demo is available from the OCP site), you can assume what the exam will be like. I never did DBA (after all I'm a developer) but a colleague did and he achieved his OCP DBA the same way. The assessment tests are very useful since they sow you the type of questions asked. Some practical experience would be useful though because the DBA exams are quite hard.

MHE
Re: Help from OCP's [message #7646 is a reply to message #7645] Thu, 26 June 2003 07:03 Go to previous message
sachin kumar gupta
Thanx a lot 4 suggestion.

Sachin
Previous Topic: Copying data
Next Topic: Sql help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:48:21 CDT 2024