Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » What's a good database diagram tool?
What's a good database diagram tool? [message #7524] Thu, 19 June 2003 05:24 Go to next message
Rob
Dear board,

I would like to perform what is a simple task in SQL Server Enterprise Manager, that being to create a database diagram.

Basically: How do I create a database diagram for an Oracle database? What tool do I use? I can't seem to find anything in Toad or dbArtisan, does the Oracle client tools suite have such a utility in it's kit bag?

Many thanks,
Rob
Re: What's a good database diagram tool? [message #7526 is a reply to message #7524] Thu, 19 June 2003 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
u can use ERwin or Microsoft visio or any MODELLING Tool
Re: What's a good database diagram tool? [message #7527 is a reply to message #7526] Thu, 19 June 2003 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob
Thanks Mahesh. Can Visio connect to the database and implement relationships, ie create foreign keys in the database etc? If not can Erwin do this? I am looking for the same functionality provided by Enterprise Manager, but for Oracle.
Re: What's a good database diagram tool? [message #7532 is a reply to message #7527] Thu, 19 June 2003 06:51 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
yes.
both will.
I have no idea about the functionality of enterprise manager in sqlserver.
But these tools will generate the database layouts with primary/foreign key relationships.
with visio all u need a ODBC dsn to connect to the database.

Previous Topic: Group by Query
Next Topic: BLOB to LONG
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:14:20 CDT 2024