Home » Server Options » Replication » schema-level replication
schema-level replication [message #75404] Tue, 04 November 2003 02:17 Go to next message
Sushma MV
I have exactly similar databases on 2 different hosts. I am able to replicate a single table object as part of multimaster replication. I have 4 schemas to be replicated, and I found that Create_Master_Repobject procedure is used to register the objects to the group. Is this the only way to register the objects? this will be a tedious process as I have 4 shemas and under each schema there are around 80-90 objects. Is it possible to add replication support to schema-level directly to include all the objects so that as and whenever I create a new table in one schema it should be replicated on the schema of other master site. I would even want to know whether entire database replication is possible. Thanks in advance.
Re: schema-level replication [message #75411 is a reply to message #75404] Fri, 14 November 2003 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Hi,

Oracle Streams can configure replication support on
GLOBAL(database), SCHEMA or TABLE level.
Nevertheless, Advanced Replication can only be configured
on TABLE level.

Best would be to write a PL/SQL block to loop though the
tables to configure replication support.

Best regards.

Frank Naude
Re: schema-level replication [message #75412 is a reply to message #75411] Sun, 16 November 2003 21:35 Go to previous message
Sushma MV
hi,
Thanks Frank. I have already implemented the object-level replication using pl/sql looping construct. If I want the schema-level replication to be implemented how do I set it using Oracle 8i Advanced replication? Is there any built-in procedure that I can execute to do so? Thanks in advance.
Sushma.
Previous Topic: Update everywhere with data ownership
Next Topic: replication support generation status
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:56:58 CDT 2024