Home » Server Options » Replication » Oracle Synchronous Replication
Oracle Synchronous Replication [message #75266] Fri, 06 September 2002 05:39 Go to next message
Cristovão Bento
Hi there,
In a Synchronous Multimaster Replication environment, when a transaction fails for one of the master sites, that transaction is rollback in all master sites. Is there any way to not do this? I have an application that has to keep on working even if the transactions cannot be replicted. For example, we have two master sites, one is the master and other the backup. I am working on the master and replicating my work on the backup. If for any reason, one transaction cannot be replicated to the backup site, i have to keep on working with the master site, that implies that my transaction is commited for the master site. Can i do this with oracle or not?

thanks for your help

Cristovão Bento
Re: Oracle Synchronous Replication [message #75267 is a reply to message #75266] Sun, 08 September 2002 13:15 Go to previous message
David Simpson
Yes you can do this with Oracle, you just need to setup asynchronous propagation. I have some example scripts for this type of setup on my website:
http://www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net/products/repgen/repgen_files.html

David Simpson
www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net
(Oracle Replication Consulting & Tools)

Previous Topic: ORA-23375
Next Topic: Oracle Replication Server Pricing Details??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 03:06:49 CDT 2024