Home » Server Options » Replication » to update my remote database sever through email
to update my remote database sever through email [message #75230] Tue, 06 August 2002 01:46 Go to next message
srinivasan
hai,
i wish to update my remote database sever through email which should work automatically(example every 3 hours)
both remote and local are oracle 8.1.7 running in windows 2000 server
please let me know how to go about..
is replication will help me in this context
yours
srini
sriniora@hotmail.com
Re: to update my remote database sever through email [message #75237 is a reply to message #75230] Thu, 08 August 2002 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Simpson
You could write a Perl program using the Net::POP3 module (p656 of the Perl Cookbook) to retreive the attachment to an email message. Then you could process the contents of the attachment as needed. The Perl DBI/DBD:Oracle modules provide a direct connection to the database to execute any SQL which might be required.

David Simpson
www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net
(Oracle Replication Consulting & Tools)
Re: to update my remote database sever through email [message #75238 is a reply to message #75230] Thu, 08 August 2002 10:13 Go to previous message
David Simpson
You could write a Perl program using the Net::POP3 module (p656 of the Perl Cookbook) to retreive the attachment to an email message. Then you could process the contents of the attachment as needed. The Perl DBI/DBD:Oracle modules provide a direct connection to the database to execute any SQL which might be required.

David Simpson
www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net
(Oracle Replication Consulting & Tools)
Previous Topic: replication problem
Next Topic: Database link cannot active.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 02:24:50 CDT 2024