Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Inputting multiple values in a loop.
Inputting multiple values in a loop. [message #7200] Wed, 28 May 2003 00:11 Go to next message
Harshavardhan
Is there any method by which we can ask the user to input a value and check it as many times within a loop ?
have a look at the following loop.

while ('&ip' <> 'N')
loop
end loop;

The above loop asks the user to input the value in the variable called ip only once, for the first time. Is it possible to make the program ask the user everytime ?
Re: Inputting multiple values in a loop. [message #7520 is a reply to message #7200] Thu, 19 June 2003 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Girimohan
u have to put the input variavle within the loop..
Re: Inputting multiple values in a loop. [message #7671 is a reply to message #7520] Sun, 29 June 2003 22:18 Go to previous message
Harshavardhan
But putting the input variable in a loop asks for the variable to be input by the user only for the first time. Let us say, I want to input 10 different values, and within the loop I put a statement,
user_ip=&Input_the_value;
Then the above statement is supposed to halt execution, waiting for the user input, but it does so only in its first iteration through the loop, not the subsequent ones. Is there any workaround that would do so ?
Previous Topic: Interview on oracle 9i Application server
Next Topic: Privileges
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:59:33 CDT 2024