Home » Server Options » Replication » Replicating a Database to a Remote server
Replicating a Database to a Remote server [message #75059] Wed, 06 June 2001 11:13 Go to next message
Ganeshbabu
i need to know something about replicating objects in a database from a server to another database in a remote server.
I have 2 Windows/NT boxes running oracle,both are servers and i have to create a database say for an order(with 4 tables) in the 2 NT machines.lets name them databse A in server1 and database B in server 2 if i update or modify or do whatever operation to the database A in the server 1 it should automatically get done in the database B in the second server.this is the requirement of the project.

assuming i have set up win NT and installed oracle in both of them

1)how do i make the 2 machines recognise each other(they are in a LAN)?

2)how do i replicate the action in databse A in server 1 to database B in server 2?

3)how do i make this operations succesful by including a front end tool like VB/Dev2000 to input data and test the updation?

4)also if i have datasbe A and database B with 4 tables can i update them as a whole database or can i do them only for a single table at a time?

i have already posted questions regarding this project and got good answers ,but i want to have as many ideas as possible i'm posting this again.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

-ganeshbabu

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Replicating a Database to a Remote server [message #75060 is a reply to message #75059] Thu, 07 June 2001 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Irving
Hi,

I recommend to you read NOTE:62398.1 "Creating a Replication Environment in Oracle 8.0.X" of Metalink Technical Libraries, it will help you to achieve your goal. If you don't have access to Metalink let me know, i could send you the note.

Regards.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Replicating a Database to a Remote server [message #75229 is a reply to message #75059] Mon, 05 August 2002 03:45 Go to previous message
Abbas
i need to know something about replicating objects in a database from a server to another database in a remote server.
I have 2 Windows/NT boxes running oracle,both are servers and i have to create a database say for an xyz(with 4 tables) in the 2 NT machines.lets name them databse A in server1 and database B in server 2 if i update or modify or do whatever operation to the database A in the server 1 it should automatically get done in the database B in the second server.this is the requirement of the project.
plz help me as soon as possible or related matrial mail me at abbas102@yahoo.com
any help would be greatly appreciated.
i m waiting for replay
Previous Topic: Replication b/w Oracle 8i and Oracle 8i Lite through Http Port 80
Next Topic: Oracle Standby with 8i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:19:32 CDT 2024